Somebody lectured me about Splenda today

Options

Replies

• 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Usually when someone makes a comment to me on anything that I didn't ask for or agree with, I'll just go - oh, ok, with a look on my face that says, really, did I ask your opinion? I work in retail, so I've learned to keep my mouth shut....
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    dsboohead wrote: »
    So I can burn off a packet by walking to the toilet? Yeah for me :/

A packet of Splenda is 3.36 Cal and you burn it with a trip to the toilet.

A packet of Sugar is 10.8 Cal. If *I* "walk to the toilet" I get to burn that. Should I not log any sugar I use?

Where do YOU draw the line as to what to log and what not to log?

The FDA agrees with you by the way... which is why manufacturers get to list products that are less than 5 Cal in the serving size they are customarily eaten in as ZERO Cal.

And manufacturers take full advantage of this and of the 20% rule to shoe-horn what they can in the ZERO calorie league.

And consumers also take full advantage of all the wonderful ZERO Cal items... and possibly eat just a tad more than what the manufacturers claim is "customarily" eaten as a portion size!

If you burn when you go to the toilet, you should see your doctor.

Lol*!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    My pat answer to any critique of me is something like "I'm glad you do everything perfectly and are now able to coach others. I hope someday I do everything perfectly too." It works in all cases whether someone tells me I'm making wrong food choices, I dress wrong, I can't drive, my kids are ugly, whatever the case may be.

You need to learn karate...