Somebody lectured me about Splenda today

Options

Replies

• zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    once i was out to eat with some people from my nursing class, and I ordered a Diet Coke. One girl heard me and said, "why are you drinking diet? you're already so skinny and besides, it's all chemicals that cause brain tumors and cancer and osteoporosis"

and I told her, "I actually already have/had osteopenia and a brain tumor, so I've got nothing to lose, really. I think I'll go ahead and order what I want." She didn't reply and left me alone lmao

lmao
  • zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've never had this happen but when someone does something weird in the store I tend to not say things quick enough. I went to the store yesterday and one lady was blocking the item I was trying to get. I asked her politely to move and she looked at me with a sense of entitlement smh. Deep down I wanted to tell her to gtfoh! lmao
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is everything linked to cancer nowadays?
    Just saying, if people start lecturing me that bacon will give me cancer, I am gonna tell everyone I'm dying happy.

Edited to add.....
    I use Splenda every day. B)
    Actually “processed meats” have been linked to cancer.

You’re right though. A life without bacon isn’t worth living. Lol I eat bacon like every week

When I was pregnant, I literally at 7 strips of thick cut bacon every single morning for 2-3 months. It was my snack while driving in to work. HAHAHA
    And now, my toddler loves bacon. :#

Ya, when I as in jr. high I would eat bacon as my afternoon snack. Just bacon. My password for my email and various other things was also “bacon” lol
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    NicoleHaki wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    NicoleHaki wrote: »
    ...I haven't seen the aspartame thread and don't particularly care to see it - I personally have read enough about artificial sweeteners to have formed an opinion...

So you don't think that understanding the scientific facts about something is important to help form an informed opinion?

The OP in that thread is a molecular biologist. Not a shill from Big Aspartame or some random derp spouting personal opinions without evidence to back them up. Definitely worth a read for anybody with an open mind who's willing to realize that their 'opinions' might be based upon propaganda rather than scientific fact.

I've just seen enough scientific data to satisfy my curiosity on this topic. The same way I would view cigarettes or certain drugs - I haven't read long internet threads about those things, but I've seen enough to overcome any desire I might have ever theoretically had to mess with those things.

Its posts like this that have me currently in mfp jail. Sigh...oh to dream of a reply....
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    tigtv79pxzyj.jpg

My new outfit.

Oh, that's so sweet!

Sweeter as a sugar substitute!! :#:#