feeling angry

Options
i am not a happy bunny, my doctor put me on antibitics on tusday for an infection and it had made me put on 2 pounds of my lost 11 feel frustrated and sad all that hard work and then that happens :-(
i googles can nticbiotics affect weight lose and it can i wish my doctor said

"Well, antibiotics generally kill off many healthy gut bacteria and allow an overgrowth of bacteria that cause us to gain weight. Bad gut bacteria produce chemical compounds (like propionic acid) that induce cravings, hunger, and inflammation. Additionally, inflammation will decrease your calorie burn rate all day long." (from goggle)

Replies

• weebo1980
    weebo1980 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    thanks guys its just disheartening when looking at the scales, i am doing what i have been doing from the start so couldn't understand you i am sure it will work its self out

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Unless you ate 7000 calories over your maintenance you did not gain 2 pounds of fat, it's just water weight that will go away. Give your body a chance to heal before you get discouraged.

And congrats on your loss so far!

all of that.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    2 pounds heavier is better than dead. Kill the infection and then worry about weight loss.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    duskyjewel wrote: »
    2 pounds heavier is better than dead. Kill the infection and then worry about weight loss.

Yep.

You're sick. Get better first, then deal with the other stuff. This is like a speed bump on the Highway of Healthiness. A month or two from now you won't even remember it.

I had a horrible cold for almost a week where I couldn't do anything. Sinus pressure was so bad I couldn't stand, sit, lay down, nothing. No exercise, just tried to eat as sensibly as I could and wait it out.

Just watch your diet, make sure you feed yourself so your body has fuel to fight the bug, and when you are up to it again, go get after it!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    I was on antibiotics (including 6 weeks of 3x/day IV antibiotics) from mid April through mid October last year.

The only reason I put on any weight was because my activity level decreased, I didn't control my eating, and I was eating out WAY too often.

Yes, I took a GOOD probiotic during that time (a good one is not cheap, sorry), but weight gain was simply eating way more than I was burning off, simple as that.

If I had bothered counting my calories, and tracking my food and expenditure, and stuck to it, I wouldn't have put on what I did. Granted, I CHOSE not to deal with those things as the stress behind the reason for the antibiotics had me in a place where I didn't care about putting on some weight, and enjoying meals was, well, just more important at the time. I knew I'd have to lose it again, and I was okay with that decision.