Burger King salads and dressing

Options
Hey! I have a question. I just got a chicken club salad from Burger King (grilled) and the honey balsamic vinegar dressing. On the website it says 610 calories for the salad. Are they counting the dressing in this equarion? Also, I noticed on their nutritional facts they don’t even have this salad listed?

Replies

• LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    The calories for their salads are without dressing.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Their website has some salads with dressing included. For a grilled chicken garden salad (the only difference is no bacon that I can see is) without dressing is 340 calories.

A bacon grilled chicken ranch salad with dressing is 620 calories. You can't have a salad with dressing and a salad without dressing with the same basic ingredients within 10 calories of each other.

I would log the 340 add some strips of bacon and then the dressing. I would also probably quick add 60 calories because I don't trust restaurant nutritional info.

• NovusDies
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I think it is an oversight though. That salad is not 600+ calories dry especially since the OP got grilled chicken. McDs comparable salad is 320. You add in ~60ish for croutons and you get to the 400 range without dressing.

ETA: This was a response to Roxie's now deleted post.
  • zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    Options

I don’t think this salad is 610 calories without dressing lol

• zandrathesweetheart
    edited May 2018
    Options

Thank you.
  • zandrathesweetheart
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I think it is an oversight though. That salad is not 600+ calories dry especially since the OP got grilled chicken. McDs comparable salad is 320. You add in ~60ish for croutons and you get to the 400 range without dressing.

This salad didn’t even have croutons lol
  • zandrathesweetheart
    Options

I think they forgot it
  • zandrathesweetheart
    Options

Then why did you ask if you already knew the answer?

I didn’t say I knew the answer. I said I don’t think it has 610 calories and that’s based on what everyone else here said.
  • zandrathesweetheart
    Options

Unless you didn’t look at the other comments
  • NovusDies
    edited May 2018
    Options

Yours was a good answer based on the website description and I initially thought the same but that picture and ingredient list bothered me. There are plenty of salads from restaurants that are legitimately 600+ calories without the dressing.

• NovusDies
    Options

I would leave off the quick add 60 calorie suggestion I made then since I think the salad calories includes the croutons.

I would go with the 340 + 120 for bacon, and then the dressing. I doubt it had more than 2 strips of bacon but without actual data the best you can do is guess and hope you are close to correct.
  • zandrathesweetheart
    Options

I would leave off the quick add 60 calorie suggestion I made then since I think the salad calories includes the croutons.

I would go with the 340 + 120 for bacon, and then the dressing. I doubt it had more than 2 strips of bacon but without actual data the best you can do is guess and hope you are close to correct.
    Exactly. I didn’t even do all that. I just logged 610. It was only like one strip of bacon in there so I will log 340 + 30 + the dressing which I think was 120

• Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I think it's a combined calorie count see image.

• Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    They have a nutrition guide to look at would recommend using it.
  • zandrathesweetheart
    Options
    They have a nutrition guide to look at would recommend using it.

this is not the same salad I am referring to. The salad I am referring to isn't listed on the nutritional guide. I already received help though. Thanks!