What is motivating you to go the gym today?

I need a healthy way to let go things that are out of my control.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    If I am having a day where I am not feeling it, I watch other people training and that usually gets me pumped to go. Or I incorporate a new exercise I wanted to try at the end of my workout which I get excited about.
  • Chicathefighter
    Chicathefighter Posts: 18 Member
    This advice is what I was needing
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Oh and good music! I typically will have music I listen to when I am working out and when I put it on it gets me ready to go
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Headed to the Cheesecake Factory today. At the gym to help balance the cal bomb I’m going to end up eating!
    Also my pants are fitting so much better and I want to continue this great trend
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Just looking at the fat blob that I am in the mirror. I need to be on the treadmill more than i am no matter how much it hurts.
  • EatLikeAHuman
    EatLikeAHuman Posts: 30 Member
    I don't want to break the streak. I wanna be strong. I wanna be able to carry all the groceries in at once. Also I ate too much yesterday.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited May 2018
    Now? Nothing, because they closed an hour and a half ago.

In general? To look and feel good when I get to my goal weight. And for more food.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited May 2018
    1) To not feel guilty when inhaling kcals afterwards (earning more freedom in eating whatever I feel like...that is without consequences). Food tastes better when it is earned
    2) Loneliness (introvert), self esteem, stress relief, endorphins
    3) Having fun (more equipment = more fun vs home workouts; I genuinely enjoy lifting & do not perceive it as work)
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    I don't want to be average. I don't really need motivation.
  • JessiBelleW
    I went today because I didn't go yesterday (sick kiddo). Also because I am on a path of my jeans fitting better (its either they fit or I have to spend $$ to get new ones) so I want to continue down this path
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Sitting here paralyzed with stress/ fear trying to remember.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Iron...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    The gym is my sanctuary. When I'm lifting, that's when I'm able to focus on something other than whatever may be nagging me. Granted, it doesn't always work - and any actual problems I'm facing don't just go away - but it helps calm me some and gives me a little peace.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    My younger self would've never expected to look like I do now (in a good way) and I still have work to do.

Regarding advice to get yourself to exercise - build habits make it the path of least resistance
    I (try) to workout first thing in the morning before work. I rarely want to drag myself out of bed when my alarm goes off, but I got in the habit of laying out both my work and workout clothes the night before with my preworkout all ready to be mixed on the bathroom counter right near my scale to make my morning as smooth as possible. Even at 5am I can zombie-walk to the bathroom, relieve myself, hop on the scale, pound my preworkout, get dressed and shuffle downstairs without having to think about what to wear or where anything is. By the time I've fed our cats and gotten my lunch things ready for work my preworkout has kicked in and I'm ready to hit the weights in the basement. Working out first thing works best for me and my schedule, if I get it in I feel like I've set myself up well for the rest of the day. Look at the obstacles that keep you from working out and work to remove them.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    In general: getting healthy and improving my fitness levels. In the short term: knowing I’ll feel better after the workout. I try to go immediately after every workday (I work part-time) as I usually end up leaving my work stress in the gym instead of bringing it home with me. When I reaaally don’t feel like it: I put on my gear, get out of the dressing room and force myself to do something, anything, for 10 minutes. Sure, sometimes I have sat on the floor stretching for 10 minutes and left, but then I at least tried and it really just wasn’t going to happen that day. Usually I end up doing at least some sort of a decent workout, like a little bit of cardio followed by stretching and foam rolling. It’s a lot better than nothing.
  • mitchkelly2446
    mitchkelly2446 Posts: 38 Member
    Nothing other than feeling obligated because I've paid the money!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Nothing other than feeling obligated because I've paid the money!

This. If you aren't motivated to go to your gym, switch to a more expensive gym. You will be motivated.
  • JessiBelleW
    Headed to the Cheesecake Factory today. At the gym to help balance the cal bomb I’m going to end up eating!
    Also my pants are fitting so much better and I want to continue this great trend

So the day after this my jeans still fitted. Going to the gym was the right thing to do :)

Off to the gym today because I ate a lot yesterday