Keto Recipes

Options
Although I am only a week in with keto, my foods are starting to get repetitive. I don’t want to get bored and have that be the fuel to “cheat” Do you mind sharing some awesome keto recipes?

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I start tomorrow and I'm worried about the repetitiveness of my menus. Have you looked on Pinterest?
  • lindsief24
    lindsief24 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Pinterest and google has a ton of recipes you can find. Ill try to send my favorite recipe...
  • lindsief24
    lindsief24 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    LOW-CARB TWICE BAKED CAULIFLOWER
    yield: 6-8 SERVINGS
    INGREDIENTS:
    1 large head cauliflower
    4 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup minced green onions
    1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or more)
    6 slices bacon (or more), cooked until very crisp, fat blotted with paper towel and then crumbled
    1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
    DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Spray a glass casserole dish with olive oil or non-stick spray. Cut out stem and core from cauliflower, and cut into small pieces. Cook in large pot of boiling salted water until cauliflower is tender, but not overly soft. Drain well and mash with potato masher, leaving some chunks.
    While cauliflower is cooking, cook the bacon and crumble, slice green onions, cube the cream cheese, measure sour cream, and measure Parmesan. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, green onion, Parmesan, and 3/4 of the crumbled bacon into the drained cauliflower.
    Spread evenly in a 1.5 Quart Glass Casserole Dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and reserved bacon. Bake 20-25 minutes covered, or until hot and bubbly. Remove the lid and bake about 10 minutes more, or until the cheese is slightly browned. Serve hot.
    NOTES:
    This reheats very well and can be frozen and thawed in the fridge, then reheated.
  • kayrich1392
    kayrich1392 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I start tomorrow and I'm worried about the repetitiveness of my menus. Have you looked on Pinterest?

I have looked on pinterest. don’t know if i’m using the same keywords but i keep getting similar things to what i already know.
  • my2getfit2018
    my2getfit2018 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a foodie, and a blogger, and my diary is open. Not all of my recipes are on my blog yet or on pinterest. I find keto way less restrictive than paleo and am in week 3...and i have no cravings WHATSOEVER. I feel twenty years younger, need only 6 hours of sleep right now, am down to two meals a day but could probably manage with only one. I eat whatever I want (as long as it is an allowed food) and am actually more restricted right now keeping my net carbs around 20 so no fruit yet. Oh, and the weight loss is slow but steady (yet i am eating more calories and don't feel hungry - or hangry).
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    If you’d like, you can add me. I haven’t been logging lately due to putting my dog to sleep. I just didn’t have the drive to care about carbs or calories, but I’m getting back into it. I had originally linked all of these ideas to recipes, but I hit done at the top of my iPhone and it changed my screen

Chicken shawarma
    Smothered chicken
    Chicken zucchini enchiladas
    Cheesy egg soufflé
    Keto sausage biscuits and gravy
    Cauliflower fried rice
    Cauliflower hash browns
    Eggs Benedict minus English muffin
    Zucchini Parmesan sticks
    Butternut squash fritters
    Asparagus with hollandaise sauce
    Steak with blue cheese (or Parmesan) sauce
    Stuffed mushrooms
    Cream cheese stuffed jalapeños wrapped in bacon
    Tacos with cheese shell
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If you're interested in a decent collection of keto or keto adaptable recipes, I've got ~500 of them on my keto pinterest board. I've tried quite a few and they're almost all awesome!
    Keto pinterest board
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,841 Member
    Options
    I love to watch recipes on youtube. Keto Connect is great and very popular. High Falutin Low Carb is a very funny man who tries many different online recipes of the same food and shows us which exact recipe turned out best. There are lots of other great one's too.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I love to watch recipes on youtube. Keto Connect is great and very popular. High Falutin Low Carb is a very funny man who tries many different online recipes of the same food and shows us which exact recipe turned out best. There are lots of other great one's too.

Me too. I have seen Dot2Trot make big family meals.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Human blood + MCT oil (too much protein in blood = Gluconeogenesis)
    Keto "logic"...and obviously to push product

1 week in & already resorting to bastardization of food...getting hints this diet might not be for you adhering to long term
  • kayrich1392
    kayrich1392 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    just to explain myself. I am not getting bored, I want to prevent that from happening. I am restrictive with what I eat already and don’t like a lot of foods. just looking for recipe ideas which i can tweak to my liking.
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I found some great recipes on https://www.ruled.me/
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It’s easy to get bored with any way of eating if you don’t know many recipes. I ate the same things over and over again when I was simply calorie counting because it was food that prevented me from binge eating although I still always stayed hungry. It just didn't satiate me which is why I think many of us turn to keto. There’s nothing wrong with admitting you are bored with your dishes, and it can seem restrictive if you aren’t big on cooking. Almost anything you eat with higher carbs can be made into a low carb version and still taste great. Whatever you are craving, Pinterest has it.

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I love everything that I've made by Leanne Vogel https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/recipe-search/
  • kiracookie
    kiracookie Posts: 50 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I’m keto, I just eat the same meals as when I wasn’t keto but swap out the carbs for cauli rice my weekly meals consist of
    Lunches- Scrambled egg with spinach and cheese.

Dinners-
    Bolognese on spinach
    Spinach, Chorizo & chicken paella with cauli rice
    Tikka masala with cauli rice & boiled egg
    Shakshuka
    Lime & coconut chicken with cauli rice, spinach and tender stem broccoli
    Keto pizza
    Beef burger with cheese and cauli mash
    Cauli risotto
    Chilli chicken breast, spicy cauli rice and salad

If I had to mess about doingmad recipes I wouldn’t bother
  • ash_821
    ash_821 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a foodie, and a blogger, and my diary is open. Not all of my recipes are on my blog yet or on pinterest. I find keto way less restrictive than paleo and am in week 3...and i have no cravings WHATSOEVER. I feel twenty years younger, need only 6 hours of sleep right now, am down to two meals a day but could probably manage with only one. I eat whatever I want (as long as it is an allowed food) and am actually more restricted right now keeping my net carbs around 20 so no fruit yet. Oh, and the weight loss is slow but steady (yet i am eating more calories and don't feel hungry - or hangry).

I have just started. Would like to add you :)
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    This is yummy - https://ketogasm.com/keto-fried-chicken-recipe-baked-oven/.

Also, Keto Connect's butter chicken is good. I put it over cauliflower rice. You can even make spaghetti and meat sauce or chicken alfredo using zucchini noodles rather than pasta.

Dinner leftovers or Cobb salad make great lunches. You can also make sandwiches in lettuce wraps.

And for snacks, celery dipped in guacamole is good, or I occasionally eat pork rinds with salsa.

Headbanger's Kitchen on YouTube has some great keto dessert recipes, including a chocolate microwave mug cake.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    This thread is also going right now, and some of the dishes look great.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10674543/what-do-your-keto-meals-look-like#latest

The groups linked above always have food threads going too.