Intermittent fasting buddies

Options
Hi I am new to IF looking to add a few friends for motivation and support. I am doing the 16:8 method.

Replies

• moralesyvonne53
    moralesyvonne53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried it but gained 5lbs in two weeks. How exactly should I be doing it?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I tried it but gained 5lbs in two weeks. How exactly should I be doing it?

If you want to lose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit, regardless of when you eat your food.
  • ArmyMedic23PFA
    ArmyMedic23PFA Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm doing kinobody aggressive fat loss
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm just watching my calories and macros. It's working and I'm seeing results.
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm just watching my calories and macros. It's working and I'm seeing results.

Weird how that works right?

If you are gonna do IF you need to understand how many calories you need in order to maintain. There's no point in not eating for 8'hours to only over eat in your food window. It's simply a window of time to help you control how much you take in so you don't eat throughout the day. There's no conclusive evidence it does anything for metabolism. So first you must understand what your body's total daily expenditure is. Then calculate from there. You can use an online calculator for a rough estimate and dial up or down from there.
  • abbie2411
    abbie2411 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing 16:8! I like IF cause it means I can have higher calorie/larger meals but stay within my deficit. I think my body adjusted to it after like a week so now I'm not feeling ridiculously hungry outside of that 8 hr window
  • Chesirekate
    Chesirekate Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    New to officially doing IF, but have essentially been doing it off and on my entire life..since I'm a chronic breakfast skipper. So this seemed like something that would work well..or at least something I can stick to. Anyone else having a hard time eating all the calories and protein in two meals...I find I'm just not hungry, but I'm already eating at a deficit.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    New to officially doing IF, but have essentially been doing it off and on my entire life..since I'm a chronic breakfast skipper. So this seemed like something that would work well..or at least something I can stick to. Anyone else having a hard time eating all the calories and protein in two meals...I find I'm just not hungry, but I'm already eating at a deficit.

Eat more meals? Consistently undereating isn't good