New to keto

I am 5 days in on a keto diet. When does it stop feeling gross? Haha! I know. Im just beginning, but my body just doesnt feel right eating so much fatty meats, avacado & cheeses.

Replies

• mikedbobb
    mikedbobb Posts: 23 Member
    Have to admit...had to google that diet. Lol. Good luck and wishing you success!
  • katrinankelly
    katrinankelly Posts: 23 Member
    Add me please, just started this diet and struggling on what to eat extra... it’s supposed to be very good x
  • HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    Eric23185 wrote: »
    I am 5 days in on a keto diet. When does it stop feeling gross? Haha! I know. Im just beginning, but my body just doesnt feel right eating so much fatty meats, avacado & cheeses.

Hey man just keep at it. Make sure your being strict with it, that way your body can get rid of the glycogen it has stored up. If you do this you should feel better in about 3-5 days.

Something that helps
    - Fast for 24hrs to help deplete body of glycogen
    - drink chicken broth
    - Extra sodium in food
    - Eat "No Salt" it's a salt substitute that contains lots of potassium

Do this and you may not even feel sick going into ketosis
  • Jesca1976
    Jesca1976 Posts: 5 Member
    I have been doing Keto pretty strong now since Sept 2017. I avoided the Keto flu through taking ketones, but there are definitely ways to do that without that expense. Bone broth is going to really be your friend. Also, take extra potassium and magnesium. It'll help.

As far as feeling like the foods are too fatty...you get used to that. Also, I think a lot of it is our psychology. We've been told for far too long that all fats are bad and that eating low fat is the way to go (regardless of the carb count). It just takes some time to see foods in a different way.

I think what helps me not to struggle too much is that I love to cook so I research recipes, try them out, tweak them, etc. Hit me up if you are looking for a recipe and you can't find a good one! I might have it!
  • altargreene85
    altargreene85 Posts: 16 Member
    man feeling gross i think is natural at first. i felt the same way man... and i saw others say the same. now in my 2nd week it feels normal. i thought my heart was having an attack!.. lol
  • altargreene85
    altargreene85 Posts: 16 Member
    Add me please, just started this diet and struggling on what to eat extra... it’s supposed to be very good x

look up GoodyBeats on Youtube. very helpful on the Keto !!
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Hey I’ve been keto on and off for for years. I haven’t broken it for the last 1.5 years.

I guess it depends on what you eat. I really like to have red pepper with almond butter and berries in the morning, a soft boiled egg, and an avocado smoothie (along with clams and raw liver for nutrients but that’s pretty gross.)

For dinner I eat a protein- fish, chicken, or beef. For sides I have a cooked vegetable and a big raw salad.

I like having raw foods in my meals like the salad and the peppers and berries so it’s not all heavy cooked things. I also eat raw animal protein like sashimi(tuna, salmon, beef), carpaccio, tartar. I think it’s less heavy feeling. But that’s gross for a lot of people too.

During transitioning make sure you take potassium and magnesium and get enough sodium.

I take about 20 potassium tablets, 365 brand
    3 teaspoons natural calm for magnesium
    And 7g of salt that I use throughout the day.
    You may need more.

Broth and pickles are great for keeping cravings at bay.