Struggling to eat 1200 Calories a day

Options
2»

Replies

• rachel_cherie22
    rachel_cherie22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1. I was eating 1200cals for 6 months and working out hard buring 1000 cals x 3 a week
    stuck at 77.7kg for those 5 months

2. eating 1569 cals 1 month and working out the same as above now 72.5 loss of 5kg

I wasn't convinced either but I gave it a month and now I wouldn't go back
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    a gym trainer told me you can eat 1,200 and work your *kitten* off, youll burn more fat so its good,, best of luck,,, my aim is to stick to 1,200 and exercise like crazy

Are you going to eat your calories back?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    a gym trainer told me you can eat 1,200 and work your *kitten* off, youll burn more fat so its good,, best of luck,,, my aim is to stick to 1,200 and exercise like crazy

Your gym trainer sounds like a bit of an idiot then.
    Good luck trying that for any length of time. But then, his idea of working one's *kitten* off might not match mine.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    These threads come up regularly and no, I do not think people are lying.

I think one of two things is happening.

1. Logging is not as accurate as poster thinks it is and so they are actually eating more than 1200. ( in which case weight loss over time will be slow, as per the person's actual ( not their perceived) intake

2. Person has started eating what they consider ultra healthy and cut all calorie dense items; soda, juice, sweets, bread, pasta, milk, etc and finds that low calorie options are much more filling than they realised and they feel they are eating a lot of volume but not getting to calorie level ( in which case weight loss over time will be faster than a healthy rate)

Best suggestion in both cases is to open your diary so experienced posters can make constructive suggestions.

Just ridiculing the poster and accusing them of lying is not helpful.

I don't disagree, but the people who did ridicule the OP haven't logged in for like 3 years.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    And. If your trainer said the word 'starvation mode' then immediately disregard anything else they say about nutrition and limit the advice you take from them to how to pick up heavy stuff and put it back down.

Or better yet, get a trainer who actually knows what they're talking about because if they're peddling rubbish nutrition information like 'starvation mode' their PT information is probably suspect too
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    These threads come up regularly and no, I do not think people are lying.

I think one of two things is happening.

1. Logging is not as accurate as poster thinks it is and so they are actually eating more than 1200. ( in which case weight loss over time will be slow, as per the person's actual ( not their perceived) intake

2. Person has started eating what they consider ultra healthy and cut all calorie dense items; soda, juice, sweets, bread, pasta, milk, etc and finds that low calorie options are much more filling than they realised and they feel they are eating a lot of volume but not getting to calorie level ( in which case weight loss over time will be faster than a healthy rate)

Best suggestion in both cases is to open your diary so experienced posters can make constructive suggestions.

Just ridiculing the poster and accusing them of lying is not helpful.

I don't disagree, but the people who did ridicule the OP haven't logged in for like 3 years.

Oops didn't notice it was a zombie thread :D

• tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    1200 a day was easy for me for the first two years, for the most part. Now with 20lbs to go and having had a diet break, I'm struggling to get back into the right mindset. Some good advice in this thread about adding in things you really liked before (there are no bad foods) so you don't eventually feel deprived.
  • takemetosingapore19
    takemetosingapore19 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If 1200 seems like a lot then how did you get fat?
  • DanielleTake2
    DanielleTake2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »

Your gym trainer sounds like a bit of an idiot then.
    Good luck trying that for any length of time. But then, his idea of working one's *kitten* off might not match mine.

^This.

OMG This is CRAZY! I actually shuddered when I read this. Your trainer is completely wrong and unqualified. I'm scared for you.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Hey folks this thread is from 2014 and the OP hasn't posted since. Not much point in replying.