What should i eat to lose weight?

2»

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Trying to lose weight and I need tips

Spend a few days reading and searching the forums for info. Read the stickies at the top of the forums.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Just don't get when a forum question comes on and you never hear from them again.Was it then that serious???

Pretty common. Just gotta hope that they gained some knowledge and are applying it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    What you need to eat to lose is whatever your calorie goal is.

If you are asking how to change your diet to reach that goal in a healthy way, one way to start is by looking at what you eat now. Is your diet healthy? If so, focus on finding some areas where you have excess calories you can cut back -- usually these are obvious, but we could help you with that.

Is your diet not so healthy? (For example, lots of low nutrient foods, no vegetables)? If so, focus on structuring your meals around some nutrient dense foods like vegetables, foods that provide protein, maybe some whole grains or sweet potatoes or so on as sources of carbs. But don't lose track of what you enjoy. Again, more information would allow us to be more helpful.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Trying to lose weight and I need tips

less of what you eat now. buy a scale, read the forums and do the work. it's pretty simple really. start at a reasonable pace. don't beat yourself up if you blow it either. if what you like to eat isn't healthy don't eat it. find something new.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    I do love the THM cookbook...it has tons of fantastic everyday recipes. I use that more than any cookbook I've ever owned. But I didn't lose any weight on their eating plan (well, didn't really try), and I lean more Weston A. Price in my food philosophy. THM keep carbs and fats separated. I prefer to never eat a carb without fat so I had a mental struggle following their method. Their method probably does help keep blood sugar stable so you eat less and binge less. I think it's solid (if you eat some balanced meals and don't live entirely on mug muffins and desserts), but not my preferred way.

Still, eggroll in a bowl, lazy lasagna, broccoli & cheese or cream of mushroom soup, two-minute nutty noodles, reuben in a bowl, cabb & saus skillet, creamless creamy chicken -- all have become staples in my house.
  • vinceinalabama
    vinceinalabama Posts: 20 Member
    Tried30usernames; help me out here if you will? What exactly is the "THM cookbook(s).? Thank you very much.
    Sincerely, vinceinalabama. :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    whatever you want that fits into your calorie goals.
  • ErniesMom863
    ErniesMom863 Posts: 36 Member
    It depends because everyone is a little bit different. What I am realizing is that what works for me (Keto) might not work for you. I like to stick to not eating processed food (I actually thinks staying away from processed food is for everyone), high fat, moderate protein and low carb. Also, intermittent fasting is the biggest tool I have been using. It lowers my gremlin hormone if I stop eating around 8pm and then try not to eat until 12 or 1. I only have coffee with heavy cream or sometimes a tiny bit of coconut oil. I also only eat organic heavy cream because it doesn’t have carbs. The extra fat keeps me satiated, reduces inflammation and helps with the intermittent fasting. Now all of this might not work for you. We all have different dna. I recommend reading Dr Fung,s The Obesity Code. So interesting. Definitely check out the concept of intermittent fasting. At first, small fasting windows and then play with it. We don,t need to be grazing all day. It only sets up an obsession with eating. Processed foods are toxic. That we should all agree with.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    It depends because everyone is a little bit different. What I am realizing is that what works for me (Keto) might not work for you. I like to stick to not eating processed food (I actually thinks staying away from processed food is for everyone), high fat, moderate protein and low carb. Also, intermittent fasting is the biggest tool I have been using. It lowers my gremlin hormone if I stop eating around 8pm and then try not to eat until 12 or 1. I only have coffee with heavy cream or sometimes a tiny bit of coconut oil. I also only eat organic heavy cream because it doesn’t have carbs. The extra fat keeps me satiated, reduces inflammation and helps with the intermittent fasting. Now all of this might not work for you. We all have different dna. I recommend reading Dr Fung,s The Obesity Code. So interesting. Definitely check out the concept of intermittent fasting. At first, small fasting windows and then play with it. We don,t need to be grazing all day. It only sets up an obsession with eating. Processed foods are toxic. That we should all agree with.

So much Woo here but let’s just start with the statement that processed foods are toxic and that we should all agree with that statement.

I bet you can’t even come up with a definition of processed foods that people can agree on, let alone list a single toxin that is inherent in “processed foods”. It’s also ironic that since they are so toxic that you add coconut oil to your coffee, how is that not processed? How is coffee not processed?
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member

I heard that it was eating after midnight that would be the issue... :wink:
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Less.