y0! i'm new and need help!!

Options
hi i'm leanna i had a baby almost 18 months ago and i don't have a leg to stand on as far as it still being baby weight lol.. but there are a lot of issues i have and i wonder if anyone has any ideas out there.. i once was down to 125 but by really bad means and i average at like 150 or so.. right now im 198 and i would just kill to be a size 13(current 17)... the issues i have are as follows

food allergies:
lactose! it's even made my stomach hurt with lacto-free milk.. weird huh?
onions very severe.. even scallions now creeping up on garlic and i love that stuff!
cranberry
pineapple severe
oranges mild
no molded cheese *penicillin severe*
cucumber *not pickles for some reason*
and some sprouts like alfalfa

i have hip dysplasia in my left hip and i cant do a lot of bun exercises cuz of it... i cant extend either leg outwards or it will make me buckle in pain..

so anyone with good ideas on food substitutions or exercises let me know!!!

+leanna

Replies

• rabidwidowkill
    Options
    hi i'm leanna i had a baby almost 18 months ago and i don't have a leg to stand on as far as it still being baby weight lol.. but there are a lot of issues i have and i wonder if anyone has any ideas out there.. i once was down to 125 but by really bad means and i average at like 150 or so.. right now im 198 and i would just kill to be a size 13(current 17)... the issues i have are as follows

food allergies:
    lactose! it's even made my stomach hurt with lacto-free milk.. weird huh?
    onions very severe.. even scallions now creeping up on garlic and i love that stuff!
    cranberry
    pineapple severe
    oranges mild
    no molded cheese *penicillin severe*
    cucumber *not pickles for some reason*
    and some sprouts like alfalfa

i have hip dysplasia in my left hip and i cant do a lot of bun exercises cuz of it... i cant extend either leg outwards or it will make me buckle in pain..

so anyone with good ideas on food substitutions or exercises let me know!!!

+leanna
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Try to concentrate on what you can do and build from there. I had a hard time not so long ago just moving and I was in constant pain. Every night when I think of it when I go to sleep I tell myself that I am in perfect health...it makes me feel so much better! Good luck and Welcome!
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I can't speak to a lot of what you have said, but I think I can explain the cucumber vs. pickles thing. I get a throat reaction to some fresh fruits (blueberries, strawberries) that I used to think was because of pesticides, then I thought was alergies to the food itself. But I never had a problem with the foods when they were cooked. My doctor said that it is quite common for people to have a sensitivity to the enzymes in fresh produce, but won't be affected once the food is cooked.

I'm guessing you've been down some kind of road with a doctor, so you know you have alergies. I would recommend seeking out a naturalpath (sp?). It may be that you have one really bad trigger allergy (mold in your home? pets?) that is causing your body to react more strongly to a bunch of other things. Of course, having a baby can trigger changes, too.

Is the hip dysplasia diagnosed as such? Or could it be sciatica? In any case, I would say that you need to get some of your food issues settled down, and perhaps try something like yoga or swimming to strengthen things up.

Hope you find a solution that works for you.:smile:
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    P.S. I'm not dismissing your issues. It is important to listen to your body. If your body does not want you to eat cucumbers than so be it! Do listen to this intelligence, this intuition that you have. It will guide you in the way that you need to go.
  • rabidwidowkill
    Options
    rofl no problem i didn't think that at all.. but that did help a lot:D
  • rabidwidowkill
    Options
    yeah as far as everything but the cucumber thing i have searched out and saw help for .. the hip dysplasia is real too it's kind of a thing in my family lol fun right? but i think maybe you could be onto something with pesticides.. i usually get everything and anything i can without hormones or pesticides and i clean things really well but i'll have to see... thanks though that is reeaally good new stuff to hear! ;D
  • mslovetoteach
    Options
    OMG............I wish I looked as good as you at that weight........please know that you are BEAUTIFUL!