BRAS

Options
What a stupid problem to have but I am having problems w/ bras! When I was gaining so much weight I quite buying them and just switched over to sports bras. I looked like crap so who cared what the ladies looked like.

Well, now I am actually starting to give a crap about what I look like again and want to have the ladies looking decent while they are still here.

I don't want to spend $50 and such on a bra since I am losing and my size will change many times before I am done.
However, there has got to be something decent out there that doesn't cost a fortune.
I got one w/ underwires last week and I thought it would be ok. But nope, kills me by afternoon.
size 36DD

What do you like?

Replies

• lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I wear underwire from VS. I'm the same size as you and I love them but they are $50 a bra.......Its called Incrediable. You could look online at the clearance area and find a few there
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    For me it is worht spending the $50 at Victoria's secret and getting a really good, comfortable bra. I have yet to find a bra in a WalMart type store that fits me right. THey may be half the price but they don't last as long as the $50 ones do. (36 D here) Once you get a good bra the underwire shouldn't bother you. I think every female is annoyed by bras at the end of the day! LOL
  • jfarmer1226
    jfarmer1226 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My favorite bras are DKNY....the one that I get is like $35. You can find them at Nordstrom, Macys, or Bloomingdales. Also...look at Calvin Klein...they make some good comfort bras that aren't that expensive. I would go to an established department store that has a good salesperson that can measure you and help you find what you need. That's great that you are back to wearing normal bras again! Having the "ladies" look good is a real confidence booster!! Good luck!!
  • searbear1980
    Options
    I don't know where you are located. But if it is not for working out I love Lane Bryant's Bras. Most the time you can get them buy one get one half off and they are like 30-40. It is a little less especially if you can find the sale.
  • sarahpittaway
    Options
    I did not buy new bras till four/five months into my weight loss program. I went from a 40 C / D to a 34C . I know you care cause your losing but buy only or two till you have lost more as they change every month your losing weight. I have not been this size since I was in my teens and before my kids!
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret has GREAT bras affordable (if you're not buying from their regular selection). If you wear a D or under they have the Victoria's Secret PINK bras. The push up in them is great, too. When the sales person fit me, she said they looked like implants they looked that good. I was really impressed. You should give them a try. I have always loved my boobs, but I love them even more in VS bras.
  • libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I go to Fashion bug. Their bras are around $20 a piece and I love them. They can measure you too. I wear underwires and don't have a problem with them. Just make sure that they lay flat on your chest between the girls. If the underwire doesn't sit flat, they will hurt. Play around with styles and get a fun one too!
  • sldavis73
    Options
    I agree.. the VS bras are the best. I am a 36D and I am completely comfortable all day in mine. Of course we are all stripping it off as soon as possible when we get home! :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Cacique (through Lane Bryant) is great for bigger cup sizes. They can measure you in store and find a perfect fit.
  • Leanne1795
    Leanne1795 Posts: 186
    Options
    I would honestly say that it is worth the money to get a good bra. It is often a low quality bra that causes back ache and shoulder pain. Also, a good bra worn properly will give you those feminine outlines that you are looking for along with correct support.
    Face it ladies, our breasts are a part of our femininity and worth the best of care. :)
  • mxwing
    mxwing Posts: 1
    Options
    Good for you, all around! There might be a middle road to take on the bra question -- what about a sports bra with either molded cups or extra shaping seams? Sadly, once they start getting fancy even sports bras can get more expensive, but it might be worth a try. championusa.com has a bunch of stuff on sale right now.

Another option might be to spend a little more but get something that will fit you for a longer time as your size continues to change. I have a girlfriend who loves her sassybax bras. Somehow they manage to be soft and stretchy, but supportive, too (she's a D cup). They come sized as S/M/L -- about $58, but you'll probably be able to wear one through a couple of size changes.

Just my $.02 Keep up the good work!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I just got a bunch of new,cute bras from wal marts clerance section 3 dollars each
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Have you noticed you are losing alot in the cup size?? I'm only asking because while I do of hear of people losing there dramatically, not everyone is like that. Myself for example, I was DD, 93 lbs later I am a D and only have another 25-30 lbs to lose. If that is the case, they have extensions you can buy for bras... little clips to give you more room around but doesn't change the cup size. That way you can buy smaller bras and they will last longer as you lose inches and eventually the clip won't be needed once you are in that size.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Torrid. They're about 35 a piece but so worth it.
  • brenda_allport
    Options
    Vanity Fair was my favorite when I was in 36-38s ( and there were only $15+) but now I love my VS even though there are a bit expensive. It is worth every penny to have a good bra!!
  • rankailie
    rankailie Posts: 144
    Options
    Echoing the comments about Lane Bryant. Good bras.

Though being honest the most comfortable bras I've found are the cotton underwire Gillian O'Malley ones at target. Just not sure you'll find a DD there. I wear a 38 or 40 D myself.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    First, NEVER neglect your headlights! Love 'em no matter how big or little they may be, they deserve your love ;)

Second, there's no real good answer here. You need to try on, try on, and try on some more. I just did this two weeks ago.

After trying on about 30+ bras, I found and fell in love with an $18 Playtex. I think it's this one... http://www.onehanesplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__10151_-1_11001_133731_13620

I bought a bunch of nude and a couple black and have worn nothing else since.

My mother fell in love with a Bali.

We're nearly the same size, with totally different boobs. I'm a 34DD, she's a 36DD. I've had surgery on both the girls and a baby and now they're all lopsided... I prefer to say they each have their own personality, however :)

Finally - for the first time in ages, a strap never slips, never hurts, i have no muffin tops, no back fat rolls, etc. This over the shoulder tamale holder is freaking awesome.

But, you may find something else for your utters! Personally, I have VS bras. It's just finding the right fit.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Side note: whether I'm a size 6 or a 14, my boobs never change size much :( But again, everyone is totally different.
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    i've had GREAT experiences with the store brand bras @ target. they're crazy affordable and the underwire is very comfortable (I'm a 38C). I've also found some good bras at Marshalls. They have a good variety of sizes and there are a bunch of designer labels for under $20.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you are located. But if it is not for working out I love Lane Bryant's Bras. Most the time you can get them buy one get one half off and they are like 30-40. It is a little less especially if you can find the sale.

& they will fit u for them as well! maybe u need to be refitted as well as getting a new one, that maybe y the underwire is hurting, possible???