2lbs over night...seriously

Options
2»

Replies

• Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It's water weight. Sodium intake effects my weight. I can stay within my calorie goals for the day, have a bowl of Pho at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant and I can literally watch my fingers swell up in the car on the way home after the meal. The next morning, I will typically be up 2 to 3 pounds simply from water retention. Then two days later, I have a day where I run to the bathroom every 15 minutes because my body is letting go of the extra fluid and I will "lose" two pounds in one day.
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the feedback guys. I think it was more just looking for support. I know it fluctuates but didn’t know if it was for a specific reason thus time. It’s not hormones (which is my typical reason) so just wanted some more insight.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I've come here to talk about poop.... So if you haven't done a number 2 that will cause a scale increase.... When you think that its fiber and water - if you have been eating more fiber of late it holds on to more water. Sorry, I know that't not the most delicate thing to talk about
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Use an app like Happy Scale, Libra, or Trendweight depending on your device. They will create a trend line and moving average for you.
  • bryonyd4
    bryonyd4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    alkight84 wrote: »
    I’m a serial weigher. I weigh daily. Can’t help it always have LOL. I’m pretty angry this morning because I gained 2lbs over night and did cardio yesterday and did good on my deficit. Any tips or insight? I know a lot of you will say don’t weigh daily and that just doesn’t work for me. Keeps me motivated. Just wanted some insight.

i also weigh myself daily but i use the app 'happy scale' it plots all of your data points and then graphs it so it gives you a trend line. I have found this so much better as I can now see when and why i fluctuate i notice if i eat carbs such as spaghetti will put on 2 lb if it is TOM i have put on 4-5lb. Before when i weighed weekly as soon as i saw a 'gain' or 'maintain' i would really struggle to motivate myself but now it is so much better to understand that it is not 2lb of fat. keep going!!
  • breebeasley76
    breebeasley76 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Girl, same. I know the fluctuations are normal, but if it's more than half a pound I'm all "well, crap." And feeling a little let down for a moment is also perfectly normal.
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Girl, same. I know the fluctuations are normal, but if it's more than half a pound I'm all "well, crap." And feeling a little let down for a moment is also perfectly normal.

Exactly. I know if I keep doing what I’m doing it will come off but man it ticks me off. My first big goal was to lose 20lbs and I was .2 off until the gain lol SOOO tomorrow is my birthday and I’m hoping I’ll be at that mark so I don’t feel so bad about Cracker Barrel lunch and cake