Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Um, hope not. I had three cups today :)
  • sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    On a similar note, is instant coffee too much the devil?

*dodges eggs and tomatoes thrown her way

I actually prefer it, yep, plus I'm crazy lazy in the kitchen and it's even quicker to make than filtered, but I've always wondered if the benefits of regular coffee are included in instant coffee.

Or if instant coffee is particularly empty, nutritional-wise...
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    If I don't have my coffee, it could be REALLY bad....for YOU.
  • Tugsandpull
    Tugsandpull Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bowmab21 wrote: »
    Just looking for some points of view from some real people. Is coffee bad for you?

It's bad for others if I don't drink it trust me
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I am 61yo and I hope it's not bad cause you would have to pry my mug out of my cold dead hands! >:)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    bowmab21 wrote: »
    Just looking for some points of view from some real people. Is coffee bad for you?

NO. And no one can tell me otherwise. Black coffee is my essential pre-workout, metabolism booster and fat burner. Get that caffeine in! The sugar and crap that is called coffee is however bad. But there are hacks for just about everything, i.e. skim milk, sugar-free syrup, no whip, etc.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I heard they are now classifying coffee as a possible carcinogen in the state of California. I did look into it a while back and it is posted on a government website along with everything else California considers a possible carcinogen. I could look it up again and post the link if anyone would like. I prefer to live in my blissful ignorance and take my chances though. Something's gonna get me some day. It's probably not going to be coffee. There are also many health benefits to a moderate amount of coffee every day such as mental clarity, increase in metabolism, and for some people it helps aid in digestion (makes ya poop). I have no plans of giving up my morning elixir of awakening on the account that it could maybe but not definitively cause cancer. I also read an article (MSN) recently that a study has discovered that orange juice may cause cancer. Orange Juice. I'm beginning to think these scientists in these studies don't really know. Or they are focusing on correlations but not direct causes.. (I hope.)
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I heard they are now classifying coffee as a possible carcinogen in the state of California. I did look into it a while back and it is posted on a government website along with everything else California considers a possible carcinogen. I could look it up again and post the link if anyone would like. I prefer to live in my blissful ignorance and take my chances though. Something's gonna get me some day. It's probably not going to be coffee. There are also many health benefits to a moderate amount of coffee every day such as mental clarity, increase in metabolism, and for some people it helps aid in digestion (makes ya poop). I have no plans of giving up my morning elixir of awakening on the account that it could maybe but not definitively cause cancer. I also read an article (MSN) recently that a study has discovered that orange juice may cause cancer. Orange Juice. I'm beginning to think these scientists in these studies don't really know. Or they are focusing on correlations but not direct causes.. (I hope.)
    California classifies everything as a possible carcinogen. They're real big on both fearmongering and nanny state-ism.
    Agreed.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    California classifies everything as a possible carcinogen. They're real big on both fearmongering and nanny state-ism.

They have a statute that allows lawsuits to award quite a large amount of money to plaintiffs if any seller of any thing fails to warn consumers that the thing being sold may be carcinogenic, or anykindofbadstuffwedon'tknowaboutyetogenic. It's less about fear-mongering than a bone tossed to lawyers hoping for a quick buck.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

They have a statute that allows lawsuits to award quite a large amount of money to plaintiffs if any seller of any thing fails to warn consumers that the thing being sold may be carcinogenic, or anykindofbadstuffwedon'tknowaboutyetogenic. It's less about fear-mongering than a bone tossed to lawyers hoping for a quick buck.

That would be the enforcing Prop 65 in the dumbest way possible part. There's a cottage industry of lawyers and activists that file the vast majority of Prop 65 lawsuits.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Is <insert any name of food or drink here> bad for you?

I mean isn't the answer always the same? For some people, yes it is bad for them, for most people in moderation, no. You'd have to go to some pretty big extremes for some things like clean water and find some really rare allergies or digestive issues for other things but the answer is still going to be the same.

It is not like Starbucks invented coffee. We are talking about something that has been consumed for over 200 years now in the US alone.

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    If coffee is bad then I don’t want to be good
  • RjMaan
    RjMaan Posts: 31 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Well, i don't take coffee but i think it do not have a bad effect on health. But access of anything is bad.
  • Beachrunner54
    Beachrunner54 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Actually it what gets me up in the morning ...I LOVE LOVE LOVE coffee. Been drinking it in excess for so many years, I ok with it:))
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    zanpdyymhxe3.png