gym gear stank

2»

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Alright what’s up with all the woo’s on this post??

I noticed that too. Apparently people have strong feelings about the right way to do laundry? /shrug
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Hi there,

Does anyone have an excellent way to get rid of the stank from my gym gear? When it comes out of the drier it smells clean, but once I've heated it up (with body heat) I can tell which set of stuff has been worn in the gym!

My dad sent me some spray - I think it's called Frogger? It helps keep stuff smelling fresh in between washes. I have the issue describe with my knee sleeves. They smell bitter and nasty as soon as I start working out even if they were just washed.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 831 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Alright what’s up with all the woo’s on this post??

Maybe its Woo - as In "woo, pooh, you stink girl!"
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    My husband had that issue with his workout shirts. We figured that after five years, it was time to buy more shirts.
  • SErickson2018
    SErickson2018 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi there,

Does anyone have an excellent way to get rid of the stank from my gym gear? When it comes out of the drier it smells clean, but once I've heated it up (with body heat) I can tell which set of stuff has been worn in the gym!

Tide sport detergent!!!! Works amazing.

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Gonna try the vinegar trick with my gym towels. They are really suffering from having to be rolled up while still damp and then left in my bag while I go about the rest of my day and then have an hour and a half's commute home...
  • guy_1987
    guy_1987 Posts: 48 Member
    If you use them often for a long period of time they will eventually get manky and will need replacing.

I have a football (soccer) shirt I used to play in and then went to the gym in on/off for 5 years and eventually it just had to be binned!

Great value shirt and it still looked great but stank!

I was proud of it though!