Trying to gain and cant

Options
2»

Replies

• 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hey out there. Im trying to put on some weight but just cant get there. I have a few medical issues that keep me from gaining but I am determined to get back to atleast 150lbs. Im on a high protein low fat and low carb diet eating about every 2-3 hrs but it has now become a job and I might have gain 2lbs in a month. Im in desprate need of a kick in the *kitten* and a few good snack and meal ideas to keep me going. Anyone out there think they can help

Eat peanut butter. LOTS and lots of peanut butter. My addiction to it sure helped me puke on some weight.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Obviously with the caveat to defer to your medical team and your own knowledge about your condition, but if you can’t do dairy and need protein, have you looked into pea protein powder? I just did a quick google search and found one that’s zero fat, 1g carb, 24g protein per serving, and it’s dairy (and soy) free.
  • mshidfar2018
    mshidfar2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    eat more often but in small quantity.dont hurry you ve already gained two pounds so you re body s getting stronger after surgery .count your calorie intake making sure you re in calorie surplus.check if you can properly digest a food by consuming only a certain food at a time each day and closely observe if you can tolerate it .so don t mix lots of new foods because it gets hard to track down which food is hard for you to digest .it gets much easier as soon as you find the right foods
  • morgan30fla
    morgan30fla Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Still fighting the good fight but after consulting with my Drs and thinking i had it down. I step on the scale and 2lbs lost and after 4 days im still 2lbs down. Fun is. Getting ready to eat rocks for solid mass
  • cardosi12
    cardosi12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are with you. The gainers I know that works for someone has high carbs. Sorry