First day again!!!

Options
I need all the support I can get!!

I keep failing as I've got sooo much to loose; I know it's going to be a long journey but I just can't seems to keep motivated, I lose a stone then put it back on and so forth - for the last 15 months I've yo-yoed like this but now I’ve gone up nearly 2 stone on top of the 6 I already wanted to lose.

I've never posted before but thought perhaps a wider support network might help – any tips/advise people have on how to keep motivated would be more than welcome.

Also I’ve got to get back into exercise, I used to be very fit and slim (people don’t recognise the photos of me – they think it’s my sister lol / cry!) – any tips of fitting exercise around a very busy family and full time work? - I’ve got a zumba DVD so thought I’d give that a try first – any other idea welcome.

Many thanks

Amanda

Replies

• lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. I've had a lot of "first day back" lately, and quickly lose motivation. But hopefully this time it "clicks"!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    what will work is not relying on motivation, motivation does nothing to get you fit. It's just sugar to mix with medicine. what else are you going to do different this time? how do you know you're serious now?
  • Ila1227
    Ila1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I relate totally having had way too many start overs myself. Never any guarantees and yet as babies try to walk and fall but keep on trying, we must to. And pretty soon we are walking and free to make good food choices
  • Ila1227
    Ila1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oops. Just realized I commented on old post
  • AdaliF2018
    AdaliF2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can’t count how many “start overs” I’ve had.... each with profound resolve...sometimes lasts a day, sometimes months. I am finding that “starting over” is a set up for failure. Recently, I have trying to feel the loneliness, the sadness, the heart aches before reaching for the food....again.