Smoothie recipes

Options
Sandeeng84
Sandeeng84 Posts: 27 Member
ISO: easy, simple, very inexpensive smoothie recipes. My mother got my husband and I a ninja blender with all three parts as a gift. Send those recipes my way or send me links to where I can find smoothie recipes. Thanks.

Replies

• michellebirtleeds
    michellebirtleeds Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Here's my favorite; the recipe is a rough approximation since I never measure these things out

1 lb fresh watermelon
    1 tbsp sugar
    1-3 tsp lemon juice ( to taste)
    2/3 cups of yogurt.

Add some frozen raspberries if you want to. Blend. Drink.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    This is my go-to base for smoothies, then I add things to suit my mood.

1C unsweetened coconut milk
    1/2 avocado
    1 handful spinach/kale/other leafy green
    1-2T unsweetened cacao powder

From there you can add just about anything. I ususally add a scoop of protein powder or collagen. You can also add fruit if you'd like. The possibilities are endless.
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love the girls behind this website, they have tons of smoothie recipe combinations, below is a link to their 'guide to a perfect smoothie combo'.

https://simplegreensmoothies.com/the-rawkstar-perfect-blend-smoothie-formula

They do tend to use expensive fruits (or at least for me as I depend more on seasonal fruits) but you can just substitute for more budget-friendly options.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Make one every morning for me and the family.
    1 banana
    1/2 cup milk
    splash of OJ
    1/2 cup yogurt (optional)
    1 cup spinach or kale
    1/2 cup frozen fruit
    Blend and enjoy!
  • Sandeeng84
    Options
    I see that banana and melons(all kinds) are in a lot of recipes. I forgot to mention I have allergies to both bananas and all types of “melons”. What’s a good substitute?
  • SarahVanLoo
    SarahVanLoo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Peenut Butter Banana Smoothie

1/2 banana
    1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
    1 cup ice cold skim milk
    Procedures

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.

Enjoy this smoothie as a mid-morning snack or before you work out for a boost of protein, dietary fat, and fiber.
  • alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My fav is 1 cup unsweet almond milk, 1/2 froz banana, handful frozen berries, handful of spinach, 1 tbls flax seed and 1 scoop vanilla protein powder. Very filling... you can leave the banana out and use a little extra berries
  • sklala
    sklala Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    While not an allergy, I am trying to use fewer bananas with smoothies as it appears to be a go to. Here are my banana less recipes. My favourite:

Cucumber Lemon Ginger Smoothie:
    Half a cucumber (I keep peel on but les bitter without)
    1- 2 Handfuls of Spinach or leafy greens (estimate)
    Grated Ginger to taste (you can use powder too)
    2TBL Protein
    3 medjool dates; pitted
    half lemon juiced (again to taste use more)
    1 cup water
    1 cup ice
    **I usually throw avocado in there

And Mango Avocado Smoothie

1/5 cup frz mango
    1 avocado
    1- 1.5 almond milk
    2TBLS unsweetened shredded coconut
    **recipe calls for .5 cup orange juice, but I substitute water to keep sugar content down**
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options

If you like gingerbread, Oxygen magazine has a recipe for a delicious Gingerbread cookie shake: 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup vanilla enriched Rice Dream, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 T molasses, and ice cubes. Blend and drink ! Mmmmmm

I also like a Creamsicle, which is a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat or Greek vanilla (or plain or coffee) yogurt. Blend and drink.

The Key Lime Protein Shake is blended with the juice of a lime, 2 tsp lime zest, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, 1 T coconut, a cup of milk, and 1-2 packets of Stevia (optional).

The Chocolate Maple Shake is made by blending a cup of milk, 3 T protein powder, 1 T cocoa powder, and 1 tsp maple syrup

Last but not least, for a change, I blend a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat coffee yogurt. Also good!

• AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What great recipes!!!!!!
  • Sandeeng84
    Options
    What great recipes!!!!!!
    Yes great recipes! Thank you all!
  • HeidiLE1
    HeidiLE1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my go-to base for smoothies, then I add things to suit my mood.

1C unsweetened coconut milk
    1/2 avocado
    1 handful spinach/kale/other leafy green
    1-2T unsweetened cacao powder

From there you can add just about anything. I ususally add a scoop of protein powder or collagen. You can also add fruit if you'd like. The possibilities are endless.

I like this recipe. My sister introduced me to the PB2 protein powders. We're loving the peanut butter one (PB2 Premium Chocolate Powdered Peanut Butter). She likes to take a frozen banana and blend it with two tablespoons of the powder as a snack. But with your recipe I'd use it instead of the cacao powder.

Thanks!!

-Heidi
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    4 oz kefir
    60 g frozen kale, or mustard or spinach
    1 oz frozen blackberries.
    1 oz hulled hemp
    30 g peanut powder
    That was the original formulation.
    I added
    12 g LivFit Superfood blend powder,
    and I'll keep adding
    3 g creatine
    until this one tub is gone.

I add 2 cups of crushed ice and blend.
    That makes about 32 oz of green nutrition.

It's a very neutral taste. You can use any 4 oz fruit instead of a banana.

• gregc50
    gregc50 Posts: 47 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    xelsoo wrote: »
    I love the girls behind this website, they have tons of smoothie recipe combinations, below is a link to their 'guide to a perfect smoothie combo'.

https://simplegreensmoothies.com/the-rawkstar-perfect-blend-smoothie-formula

They do tend to use expensive fruits (or at least for me as I depend more on seasonal fruits) but you can just substitute for more budget-friendly options.

That formula was exactly what I was looking for having just bought a new cool blender.

My only question is I don't have those types of waters. I have lots of yoghurt (fruit and greek).
    Do I just do like 1/2 yogurt 1/2 water you think?