Exploring Ketogenic Diet

Options
My husband and I would love to connect with others interested in the Ketogenic Diet - to share advice, recipes, progress, etc.

Replies

• knotgood77
    knotgood77 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have been doing well with Keto for the last month+ That being said, I am no expert, but have seen great results so far, and always welcome some new friends. Add me if ya like.
  • MrSmith702
    MrSmith702 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have done it before for about 4 months and I am about to jump back on it, I had much success with it the first go around
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    week 3 for me - so far no issues and down 8lbs. I am also incorporating IF, usually 16:8
  • huelsmanjl
    huelsmanjl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear! Keep up the good work! I haven't done any in depth research on IF, we just started the 3 day fast today though.
  • huelsmanjl
    Options
    Would also love to hear any awesome recipes you have found :)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    huelsmanjl wrote: »
    That's great to hear! Keep up the good work! I haven't done any in depth research on IF, we just started the 3 day fast today though.

You do realize that a ketogenic diet and IF are not the same and don't have to be pursued together, don't you? And that a three-day fast is not necessary for either?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

Why do you say "the three day fast" as if it were some kind of standard?
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Day 13 for me, two of my son, and my daughter in law. I have already lost 11 pounds and only have 10 to go to get back to my goal weight. Each of my sons has lost 20 in 12 days and my daughter in law has lost 18. We're no experts, but have done a ton of research and work with my doctor on this because I am also a type I diabetic on an insulin pump.
  • huelsmanjl
    Options
    annwyatt69 wrote: »
    Day 13 for me, two of my son, and my daughter in law. I have already lost 11 pounds and only have 10 to go to get back to my goal weight. Each of my sons has lost 20 in 12 days and my daughter in law has lost 18. We're no experts, but have done a ton of research and work with my doctor on this because I am also a type I diabetic on an insulin pump.

That is wonderful to hear!!
    I would love to hear of some of your favorite recipes!
  • huelsmanjl
    Options

You do realize that a ketogenic diet and IF are not the same and don't have to be pursued together, don't you? And that a three-day fast is not necessary for either?

I am aware that Ketogenic diet and IF are different and do not need to be done concurrently, but thank you.
    And I am aware that a 3 day fast is not necessary. I have done my research and have chosen to go this route.
  • huelsmanjl
    Options

Why do you say "the three day fast" as if it were some kind of standard?

It is not standard, it is just the route I have chosen to jump start my body into ketosis
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's one of the larger such groups where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • char1iej
    char1iej Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Keto for a month now -- down 20 lbs already (30 to go). Everyone is different, but this is a lifestyle I can definitely live with for the long term. As @ladipoet said, you might want to try the LCD group (linked above). Good group! There's also a good Keto group on MFP.
  • HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    Options

If you guys are already in ketosis fasting shouldn't be that hard. Since your body is used to running on fat it'll use up your fat stores since there is no glycogen in your body! Keep it up
  • HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    However if you are not in ketosis yet, I would suggest the following:

- sodium
    - Potassium
    - Magnesium

Get enough of this and you won't feel bad transitioning from using carbs as fuel to ketosis
  • ash_821
    ash_821 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Is this your first time doing ketogenic diet? If you don't mind can you share your meal plan for fat fast ?
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I’ve been keto for 4 years, 1.5 without breaking keto
  • Tom8519
    Tom8519 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I dropped 118 lbs with keto. It saved my life.