Gaining weight on a primarily plant based diet!

Options
hutchyson
hutchyson Posts: 2 Member
I have been skinny my whole life I started working out 2 years ago and for the first time in my life I weighed over 120lbs. I am now 19 and I weight 150lbs but I got to that weight eating unhealthy foods, I still have a low body fat percentage due to me being very active ectomorph. Recently I started eating all healthy foods including alot of plants, fruits, and veggies but I am having trouble reaching my calorie requirement of 4000-4500. I am already eating to the point of feeling sick and I eat 5 meals a day. Some of my main issues are that I work 7 days a week 8 hours a day limiting the time I have to eat, I am saving up money for school so I can't buy everything I need..... Any advice?

Replies

• paigec619
    paigec619 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    try adding in high calorie or high fat plants(like avocado), more grains, hummus, pasta

those have more calories so you'll have to eat less. good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    hutchyson wrote: »
    I have been skinny my whole life I started working out 2 years ago and for the first time in my life I weighed over 120lbs. I am now 19 and I weight 150lbs but I got to that weight eating unhealthy foods, I still have a low body fat percentage due to me being very active ectomorph. Recently I started eating all healthy foods including alot of plants, fruits, and veggies but I am having trouble reaching my calorie requirement of 4000-4500. I am already eating to the point of feeling sick and I eat 5 meals a day. Some of my main issues are that I work 7 days a week 8 hours a day limiting the time I have to eat, I am saving up money for school so I can't buy everything I need..... Any advice?

1. Somatytpes are not a thing.. they were developed by a psychologist based on observation data. 2. How did you come up with the need to eat 4 to 5k? 3. If you are trying to gain weight, you want a small surplus unless you want to gain a bunch of fat. 4. Are you on a structure lifting program>