Intermittent Fasting ?

Options
Anybody well versed in this area? I eat between 8 and 4 but I’m not usually in bed until 10pm or later and I get HUNGRY ! help

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Also, everyone that eats and stops intermittently fasts. If you sleep at night you are intermittently fasting. If eating breakfast makes you hungrier through the day (like me) skip it. If NOT eating breakfast makes you miserable eat it. If it doesn't matter choose to either have 3 meals or 2 bigger meals. It is that simple.

I have been routinely skipping breakfast for more than 20 years and gained plenty of weight in that time.

The goal is not a "flavor" plan. The goal is to get through the day within your calories while trying to be happy and satisfied.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    The only advantage to intermittent fasting is if it helps you stick to your calorie goal. Other than that, it won't make you lose weight any faster or more efficiently. It's very trendy right now, but there's nothing magical about it as far as weight loss goes. You'll lose the same if you eat the same amount of calories any other time of day.

It doesn't sound like it's helping you stick to your calorie goal, so I'd say drop the intermittent fasting.

I am pushing 50 and I lost 10 lbs in six weeks, never did that before! It keeps me on track and yes if it helps me eat less calories and makes that easier for me then more power to it, for me it is working! I am pleased with my results. Basically I skip breakfast (because even when I used to eat a 500 calorie breakfast first thing in the morning, I would be shaky starving by lunch) and simply do not have anything after supper except water.

The difference now is that with skipping breakfast, yes I am hungry by lunch but it is not that shaky wanting to eat anything feeling...
  • NovusDies
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    I am pushing 50 and I lost 10 lbs in six weeks, never did that before! It keeps me on track and yes if it helps me eat less calories and makes that easier for me then more power to it, for me it is working! I am pleased with my results. Basically I skip breakfast (because even when I used to eat a 500 calorie breakfast first thing in the morning, I would be shaky starving by lunch).

The difference now is that with skipping breakfast, yes I am hungry by lunch but it is not that shaky wanting to eat anything feeling...

Shaky is something I have some experience with. For me it means I have low blood sugar and I most notice it if I eat breakfast. You should consider getting this checked or at least buy a cheap blood sugar monitor and check your own levels after eating a normal breakfast.
  • kds10
    Options
    Well the main thing is I don't get that shaky hungry feeling anymore since I started doing IF.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Well the main thing is I don't get that shaky hungry feeling anymore since I started doing IF.

Well it is not the main thing if you have an insulin problem that you need to know about...
  • kds10
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

Well it is not the main thing if you have an insulin problem that you need to know about...

I go for a yearly physical, all is good! Thanks though for the advice.