Trying so hard

Options
normav67
normav67 Posts: 9 Member
I just can’t understand why I can’t lose weight I do 800 cal on cardio some times 1000 I go five times a week to the gym And I still can’t lose anyway oh and I tried to eat 1800 calories a day I don’t know what to do...

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Tried to check out your diary, but you're on private.

I suggest making sure that you measure (and weigh) all the food that you eat, not estimate. Also, don't eat back exercise calories.
  • BipolarSora
    BipolarSora Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We need wayyy more information... How long have you been doing this and have you lost any weight at all yet? What does your diet look like? Are you sleeping enough? Your cardio sounds intense? Have you been doing that a while n now hit a plateau? Do you do cardio only? How many calories are you consuming? Mind you. If it's too low your body will retain what you eat as a precaution because it's being starved constantly. Can you elaborate more on this??
  • BipolarSora
    BipolarSora Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    As long as you're in a caloric deficit you should be losing weight
  • normav67
    Options
    I start seven months ago yes I did 10 pounds in seven months i think I do sleep enough about 8 hours I eat anything but I tried to keep it under 1800 cal a day And no I do muscle to not A whole bunch but I try. Since I started I’ve been doing one hour of cardio 30 minutes of muscle... sorry if I don’t know how to explain myself
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    normav67 wrote: »
    I start seven months ago yes I did 10 pounds in seven months i think I do sleep enough about 8 hours I eat anything but I tried to keep it under 1800 cal a day And no I do muscle to not A whole bunch but I try. Since I started I’ve been doing one hour of cardio 30 minutes of muscle... sorry if I don’t know how to explain myself

Are you measuring all of your food or estimating?
  • normav67
    Options
    Well I just started scanning everything I eat and recording everything I eat like 16 days ago..
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Well I just started scanning everything I eat and recording everything I eat like 16 days ago..

But how do you measure how much of something you eat: food scale, measuring cups/spoons, or eyeballing/guesstimating? There's a big difference between the three.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

This is probably it - you are eating more than you think. Weigh everything with a food scale, even packaged food needs to be checked with a food scale at least once, since it can be more than the package says. Log everything, including condiments. Give it three weeks after you tighten up your logging, and come back if you aren't getting results.
  • normav67
    Options
    I usually use cup and spoons but now I will try scale everything I eat
  • kimberly1534mfp
    kimberly1534mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jg4fp63a1uto.jpeg

If you ever need just someone to talk to or some new techniques send me a message i’ll be happy to share my secret .
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    weigh all you can

you will lose weight when you are in a deficit which is hard to do with cups and teaspoons, etc
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    This is a blog that has a lot of great information, written by a woman who's been through it all. Maybe it will help? The link goes directly to her story about the early days of her weight loss, when she had the same kind of problems it sounds like you're having bgg2wl.com