Dressing up raw vegies without dressing

2»

Replies

• JKolb17
    JKolb17 Posts: 11 Member
    I do get my fats in other areas of my diet, as well as roast, steam, etc vegetables for meals. The reason for the raw vegies...I am a "snacker"...I will snack on any and every junk food but more specifically crunchy junk foods (chips, mega butter popcorn, fatty crackers, etc). To keep me from snacking on junk, I keep a container of raw vegetables on hand at all times. When I feel like snacking I much on them. It has helped me get my junk food cravings under control but they are getting boring! I LOVE all of the suggestions and I will be adding them to my food list. Thank you so much!

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Try different vinegars like apple cider, balsamic, and champagne. You can also use lemon or lime juice and chili powder or sauce. I love some sliced cucumbers and jicama with tapatio, lemon juice, and salt.
  • astronaught
    astronaught Posts: 103 Member
    Old Bay is good on a lot of vegetables.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I love making greek yogurt dip for my veggies. You can even get the fat free kind to cut calories even further.
  • rloates91
    rloates91 Posts: 12 Member
    I avoid using dressing by adding a mix of sweet and salty ingredients to my salad like corn, beetroot, olives and feta.
    Alternatively I make a simple dressing with natural Greek yogurt, lemon juice and mustard mixed together.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Kernel Seasonings makes a variety of popcorn toppers from ranch to buffalo wing that could be tasty on a variety of veggies. I use the white cheddar on steamed broccoli, I see no reason it wouldn't be tasty on raw veggies.
  • guy_1987
    guy_1987 Posts: 48 Member
    If you're from England there are Sainsbury's and Tesco's own salad dressing and various other sauces to make vegetables more interesting without smothering them with fat.

Also 'Lighter than Light' mayonnaise is a god send.

If you have time to make your own then you can obviously control what goes into it.