Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Coffee and Intermittent Fasting

2»

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    ^This. I don't think IF has any magical properties other than regulating my appetite. A couple of cups of tea with half and half, while technically breaking my fast, aren't enough to set off my appetite. I happily drink them.

Even a single cup of tea sets me off. It is a annoying to have such a hair trigger. I am glad some of you are not so sensitive.

I wish I could eat breakfast.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    My tolerance built up over time. I've been skipping breakfast since the 90's. At first I couldn't drink a morning beverage without setting off my appetite either. I've often wondered if it was because I associated it with eating, but who knows?

I think my tolerance has decreased. I have been skipping (most mornings) since the 90's too. I can remember drinking coffee and occasionally even have something small.

About a month ago I had a notion that maybe it was mostly carbs really setting me off so I experimented. I ate my lunch for breakfast which was 2 chicken breasts with an avocado spread on top. It was 482 with 12 carbs My hunger was not as bad and my sugar level didn't tank but it was still a harder day.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member

I don't appreciate your tone nor your attack on my personal beliefs and chosen profession, so I will not be engaging in any further conversation with you.

What exactly is your "chosen profession"?
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member

I don't appreciate your tone nor your attack on my personal beliefs and chosen profession, so I will not be engaging in any further conversation with you.

What exactly is your "chosen profession"?

Certified nutritional therapy consultant according to her profile.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Wow. Some of you are so needlessly mean and aggressive.

When did telling the truth become "mean and aggressive"?

Since the dawn of mankind.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    I would rather be corrected than be misinformed. These boards have helped me immensely to understand health and nutrition. Living in my own bubble of denial mixed with untruths and just plain ignorance has caused nothing but anguish and failure with my health and wellbeing.

To be educated and empowered from all the information shared here has been nothing short of a miracle. Its liberating to know that I now FINALLY have the knowledge and tools to maintain my weight and overall health.

Its a good idea to read and absorb all the wonderful advice and not to dismiss it so readily.