Power Lifting For Women

Options
I seriously want to get into power lifting, but I don’t know where or how to start? I hate cardio running, stair climbers, bikes, etc so I usually stick to weight training. I’m at noob basic weights and reps so what is the best way to Up my weight, form, and build strength?

Replies

• Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Get on a beginners lifting program and follow that for a few weeks. I would recommend stronglifts 5x5. The following thread contains some lifting programs.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you#latest

When you are unsure how to execute certain lifts get a PT for a few sessions. Bodybuilding.com has an extensive database of instructions on how to perform all the different exercises. Good luck.

P.S. it is better to post lifting questions on the weightgaining/weightlifting board. You will get answers regarding lifting faster.
  • IAmPhorm
    IAmPhorm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    If you have a Powerlifting gym in your area go join it , or find a powerlifting coach. The sport of powerlifting generally implies competing in the big 3 lifts for your 1 rep max, its a blast.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I learned a lot on my own in terms of form and watching form videos, taking vids of my lifts (at light weight) and posting on here, or on IG for my friends to critique. It got me pretty far. But nothing could replace what I've learned by having a coach watch me real-time and help me tweak my movements. Made a huge difference.

You may find it easier starting with a coach off the hop, or you can research and trial by error on the way.

Always start light and work on form before you go heavy.

I also use stronglifts because I need a plan, and I liked how it worked. But when you're new, you may find you max out quickly and that could be frustrating (depending on your personality).