Relationship advice

Options
J3Ramos23
J3Ramos23 Posts: 43 Member
Let's talk about relationship. Here or send me a message. Let's get deep into each others relationship.
I have a girlfriend of 5 years

Replies

• NerdyFlex
    NerdyFlex Posts: 1,672 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I had various husbands - both common law and city hall sacramentals.

The honeymoon was over in exactly 10 weeks with all of them. Then it became really real and I said Oh No How Can I Spend The Rest Of My Life Like This?

The one thing they all had in common is when we went to the movies and I asked, "So did you like the movie?" they always answered "It was okay." That really made me furious and was the reason for me denying them sex once we got home, which I did often.

Also I had to choose their clothes for them and I didn't like any of their friends.

I hope you don't see yourself in any of this.

So you mean us guys have no fashion sense? You mean to tell me that wearing sleeveless gym shirts and soccer pants isn’t fashionable? No wonder I’m single
  • NerdyFlex
    Options
    NerdyFlex wrote: »

The honeymoon was over in exactly 10 weeks with all of them. Then it became really real and I said Oh No How Can I Spend The Rest Of My Life Like This?

The one thing they all had in common is when we went to the movies and I asked, "So did you like the movie?" they always answered "It was okay." That really made me furious and was the reason for me denying them sex once we got home, which I did often.

Also I had to choose their clothes for them and I didn't like any of their friends.

So you mean us guys have no fashion sense? You mean to tell me that wearing sleeveless gym shirts and soccer pants isn’t fashionable? No wonder I’m single

I wasn't home to supervise my twelve year old son getting ready for his band concert (I had to miss the concert sadly) and I found out that he wore his dress shirt, dress shoes and......his soccer pants.

That sounds pretty reasonable to me. Soccer pants are the move all day every day. They are form fitting so you look trendy and they show the gains. I fail to see how this is a bad thing.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Not much to say: I've been married to the same person for the last 11 years. It's had its ups and downs and there was a patch where I honestly thought were weren't going to make it, but we did and here we are.

Relationships in the past?? Oh, there are some stories I could tell, lol.
  • NerdyFlex
    Options

I wasn't home to supervise my twelve year old son getting ready for his band concert (I had to miss the concert sadly) and I found out that he wore his dress shirt, dress shoes and......his soccer pants.

That sounds pretty reasonable to me. Soccer pants are the move all day every day. They are form fitting so you look trendy and they show the gains. I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

I don't think the band teacher considers them "dress" pants like they were supposed to wear, but close enough i guess.

Were they adidas brand?
  • J3Ramos23
    Options
    Not much to say: I've been married to the same person for the last 11 years. It's had its ups and downs and there was a patch where I honestly thought were weren't going to make it, but we did and here we are.

Glad to hear your relationship is good. I been with my girlfriend for 5 years. It's amazing, every relationship has its ups and downs but take a strong relation to get through it together
  • J3Ramos23
    Options

No I dont see myself in that. I love going to movies and giving my opinion on different movies.

Do you usually just give up on a relationship fast?
  • J3Ramos23
    Options
    J3Ramos23 wrote: »

No I dont see myself in that. I love going to movies and giving my opinion on different movies.

Do you usually just give up on a relationship fast?

Let's just say I err on the side of caution. Ever since I found all those cocktail napkins with stalking observations placed strategically on the floor and sidewalk leading up to the taxi that was waiting for me and then there was a throw down in the parking lot and somebody's knuckle got broken.

That sounds like an interesting story. Can I just ask you random relationships questions?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Just celebrated my 3rd anniversary but he’s recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure so I’ve had to cut back on using salt when cooking so I’m pretty sure a divorce is imminent.

Yep, time to throw that fish back.
  • J3Ramos23
    Options
    Just celebrated my 3rd anniversary but he’s recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure so I’ve had to cut back on using salt when cooking so I’m pretty sure a divorce is imminent.

Oh my goodness lol glad to see you made it to your 3rd anniversary. Are you serious about the divorce? Over salt?

At least you cook for him :D
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Clothes, I go to the closet any pick out what I want to wear and my wife of 37 years says No! She then picks and iron everything. It works for me.
  • J3Ramos23
    Options
    I dont know If you have been in this situation. But I have a great relationship but sometime we dont as much "fun" as I want. If you know what I'm trying to say with "fun"
  • J3Ramos23
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I know what you mean. Folding socks together!
    I'm pretty sure I know what you mean. Folding socks together!

Yes folding socks lol
  • NerdyFlex
    Options

I don't think the band teacher considers them "dress" pants like they were supposed to wear, but close enough i guess.

Were they adidas brand?

yes I believe they were and for some reason they cost a fortune.

Adidas is my fav
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I dont know If you have been in this situation. But I have a great relationship but sometime we dont as much "fun" as I want. If you know what I'm trying to say with "fun"

^^ Literally my #1 issue. My relationship is awesome. We travel a ton, have a gorgeous home, two amazing pups, and I tell my man everything...he's my best friend & I'm his. But he's lazy. Not at his job, he's very productive at that. But when he gets home he just wants to sleep or watch TV and "decompress." My idea of decompressing is NOT watching the TV. LOL. I've tried everything. Even have made him start incorporating vitamins, try to get him in the gym to up his energy, nothing works. So frustrating and it's really putting a dent in an otherwise dream worthy relationship. He gets aggravated when I bring up the needing to have more "fun" aspect too. He says that I'm being ungrateful for all we have, etc. But he is actually like a woman sometimes..he will say, "I'm too tired, my belly hurts, I had a long day" - something along those lines. I'm not ungrateful, at all. I am so thankful for what I have and how hard he works, I just feel like 15-30 minutes of "us time" isn't too much to ask out of a 24-hour day.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Glad to hear your relationship is good. I been with my girlfriend for 5 years. It's amazing, every relationship has its ups and downs but take a strong relation to get through it together

It helps that I spend half of my year alone so just when I get sick and tired of him (or him of me), we get time alone, lol. I'm also extremely solitary by nature, so it works just fine for us, but I wouldn't expect it to work for everyone.
  • J3Ramos23
    Options

^^ Literally my #1 issue. My relationship is awesome. We travel a ton, have a gorgeous home, two amazing pups, and I tell my man everything...he's my best friend & I'm his. But he's lazy. Not at his job, he's very productive at that. But when he gets home he just wants to sleep or watch TV and "decompress." My idea of decompressing is NOT watching the TV. LOL. I've tried everything. Even have made him start incorporating vitamins, try to get him in the gym to up his energy, nothing works. So frustrating and it's really putting a dent in an otherwise dream worthy relationship. He gets aggravated when I bring up the needing to have more "fun" aspect too. He says that I'm being ungrateful for all we have, etc. But he is actually like a woman sometimes..he will say, "I'm too tired, my belly hurts, I had a long day" - something along those lines. I'm not ungrateful, at all. I am so thankful for what I have and how hard he works, I just feel like 15-30 minutes of "us time" isn't too much to ask out of a 24-hour day.

Wow, I totally understand that 100 percent. That fits right into my life. Right on point. I'm the man, which I know what you mean, after work I'm a bit lazy but I still love to have my "fun"