How to record Bodyrocking in my diary

Options
I can't decide how to record the time I spend doing BodyRock workouts every day. I searched 'interval', 'high intensity' and got nothing. I looked under both strength and cardio. I ended up putting down 45 minutes of circuit training even though my workouts are usually only 12-20 minutes. I feel like the 16 minute workout I did yesterday was equivalent in intensity to approximately 45 minutes of circuit training I've done at women-only gyms before. I know this isn't accurate though. I'd add BodyRock as a category but I have NO idea how many calories I'm burning. How does ANYone figure that out actually??

Replies

• LauraPPate
    Options
    I realized as I was typing the original post that I hadn't searched 'BodyRock' in either category. I figured that would be too easy, and it was. No luck with that search either :(
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    what you did sounds about right. I would email Zuzana and ask her how many calories does she burn doing one of her routines.
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor (HRM) instead. You won't have to worry about how to log in your exercise ever again.
  • JCPruitt
    JCPruitt Posts: 53
    Options
    try crunchs or sit ups instead. calories burned have to do with time and effort. a 15 min workout on the body rocker will most likey not triple circuit training.the workout is too different,
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I always use my HRM for my Bodyrock (and other) workouts. The calorie burn is really dependent on the specific workout. Some workouts I burn way more calories than other, it really depends whether it's more of an high intensity interval workout or just strength.

For me, I'm 5'6 and about 130 lbs, I burn between 100-250 per 20-ish minute workout.

Obviously the burn will be different for every person and dependent on the actual workout.
  • LauraPPate
    Options
    try crunchs or sit ups instead. calories burned have to do with time and effort. a 15 min workout on the body rocker will most likey not triple circuit training.the workout is too different,

:) Check out www.bodyrock.tv to see what I'm referring to. It has nothing to do with using a bodyrocker to work my abs. You made me smile though.
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The only way to know what you are burnign is to get a heartrate monitor.
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    I actually log it as "circuit training". If you really push to the max you probably burn more calories than MFP says, but I do it that way anyways because I have no choice for the time being.

Ciao Ciao! ;-)