Nagging

Options
kschwab0203
kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
Do you do it? Is it effective? Is it worth it?
How do you deal with it? Ignore it? Appease it? Fight about it?

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Nagging drives the nagger more batty than the naggee. If they can't/won't listen to calmly voiced concerns, they likely won't respond to nagging either.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I try not to nag people, except for my boss because he is super scatter brained and you just have to in order to ever keep stuff on track.

People don't ever really nag me, but I tend to write stuff down so I don't forget. If you get it done no need to nag.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    I find it to be much more effective while holding an item of personal value and some scissors or a hammer.

My favorite way to nag!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

I do it. All the time. Don't even mean to. It's inefficient, and it always turns into a fight eventually.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I try not to nag anyone, but I've resorted to it lately with my 16 year old about getting a summer job.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I don't nag. And I don't respond to nagging.

Example -- when we first got married, I took over the cooking duties, because I like it. I clean my pots and pans , etc., as I cook. My wife is kind of an OCD neatness freak. About 25 years ago, she complained that I didn't do a very good job at cleaning the counter. I told her, she could either clean to her specifications when I was done cooking, or do the cooking and THEN clean to her specifications. Not a peep since.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I don't nag and don't respond to nagging - except to leave if I have to. I adjusted to having a family in a kinda cool way...if I wanted them to do something I had to accept their standards or redo it...I found acceptance real quick.
  • bertabugg
    bertabugg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have never nagged and have learned the art of tuning people out if being nagged at. I'm an adult and do what needs to be done and expect others around me to do their part, if they don't, they have no one to blame but them self.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

With dh-
    I try not to for most things. When I do it almost always makes things worse and the thing does not get done.
    If I can do the thing myself I will rather than nag someone else about it.
    It depends on what the consequences are though. If the things is taking out the trash level then nagging is not worth it. If it is a major repair that needs to be done it can be worth it.

With dd-
    Nagging is required often.