? for parents of little ones

Options
I have a 7 month old who sleeps through the night and lately she has been peeing through her diapers a few times a week. I use regular huggies, does anyone have a suggestion for a different diaper that holds more liquid?

Replies

• ammbbbeeeerrrrr
    Options
    luvs works for us, parents choice, and believe it or not the dollar general brand diapers are probably the best we've ever tried. lol
  • mleb2005
    mleb2005 Posts: 45
    Options
    Huggies night time ones work a lot better for heavy wetters.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    maybe a bigger diaper. I noticed when my son started peeing through the diaper wasnt big enough. And I have been a huggies fan for all 4 of my babes.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    your wallet might cringe a little but pampers are the only diapers my 19 month old has never pee'd through. and he seems to always pee through huggies.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My son always peed through his diaper. I first started to set an alarm to change him in the middle of the night, and that got hard as I had to be to work early. Then I tried I think they are Huggies overnight diapers and what do ya know they worked :)
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Huggies Overnights are great.
  • kittyhorn
    kittyhorn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This is likely just a stage that she'll get through. I, myself, use pampers because my son always leaked through Huggies.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    i didnt know they made overnight diapers, in a size 3 do you know? As for Luvs, they give her a rash
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    A couple....

1. Limit her water/juice intake a few hours before bed
    2. If you put a super absorbant pad (femanine hygiene one) into the diaper you get kinda a double wammy...I had to do this with my son for a while and sticking the pad in the front helped greatly!!
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My son is a year and a half and does the same thing sometimes and we also use regular Huggies. Have you tried to limit liquids before bed? I have had to stop giving him milk/water at least an hour prior to bed and put a new diaper on right before laying him down. Hope this helps.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Either go up a size or get night time diapers. My youngest is a really heavy wetter and we have to use night time diapers when he sleeps & once he gets about to the middle of the weight range I have to buy the next biggest size.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I was a cloth diaper baby (b/c I was allergic to the dyes in disposables), and I also wore these rubber pants over them. I can remember the elastic and how it itched under my chubby thighs. But it kept "stuff" in, according to my mom.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    luvs works for us, parents choice, and believe it or not the dollar general brand diapers are probably the best we've ever tried. lol

aren't you lucky! my little one breaks out in a diaper rash if we use any off brands. pampers, luvs, or huggies are the only one's that don't bother him. we usually put him in pampers.
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Though they be costly - we use Pampers and have never had leakage issues....2 little boys. Might try the next size up too. I can usually find a coupon for Pampers and that helps!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    ya my biggest problem is she has gotten used to having a bottle right before bed so we get a fresh diaper and jammies on and then have her bottle and she goes right to sleep
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Huggies makes a night time diaper that works incredibly well!! We swore by them in this house!! I believe they go up to size 5.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Pampers seem to be the only ones that work for my little man. Odd because baby number one was fine with huggies.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    i will have to check out the overnights or just try pampers, we've only tried huggies and luvs.
  • LCDMomma
    LCDMomma Posts: 67
    Options
    I have triplets 2 boys and a girl, I hate huggies!!! Pampers are the best. I know pampers are more expensive so I would normally save thhose for night time.
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I agree with the bigger diaper theory. Same happened to my son. I have even used a diaper that is probably one size too big since he's not crawling anywhere anyway. Worked great for nighttime :)