callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    purelush wrote: »
    I don't weigh my food...

theres your problem

• Stew501
    Stew501 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For your sake; hope it’s not PCOS; beside the difficulty losing weight; women also suffer with thinning hair; female pattern baldness & increased facial hair. Hope you just need a food scale; best of wishes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,030 Member
    Options
    I weigh my PB in grams LOL ‘cause it seems like more!!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    The one thing you haven't mentioned is calories!
    Stop dancing around the key issue and get into a sustainable calorie deficit.

The other thing you didn't mention is how much you weigh and how much you want to weigh
  • ABHY7
    ABHY7 Posts: 70 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi... been trying to get a macros to follow but getting conflicting results?

Current weight 156lbs
    Goal weight is 140lbs
    Female
    41yrs
    5ft 4in
    Work out x 3 a week
    Sedentary - work in office

Told i should aim 1340 calories for weight loss just need to figure out macros breakdown?

Appreciate any help
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies! Buying a food scale tomorrow! Eek!

I think you'll find it really helpful to use a food scale.
    Check that the entries you log are correct as well. I used an entry that was too low calorie for months.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hi... been trying to get a macros to follow but getting conflicting results?

Current weight 156lbs
    Goal weight is 140lbs
    Female
    41yrs
    5ft 4in
    Work out x 3 a week
    Sedentary - work in office

Told i should aim 1340 calories for weight loss just need to figure out macros breakdown?

Appreciate any help

My macros are set at 40p/ 30c / 30 f
    Hope that helps.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    If you’re not losing weight you’re eating too much. I agree you need to tighten up on your food logging! Good luck
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    motivation + action = success

you are going to be surprised how many calories are in some things
    log everything you eat every day, even weekends
  • SusanMcMc
    SusanMcMc Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Good job on getting the food scale! You aren’t that far off from your goal weight so little slips really count because there is less wiggle room. I know that weighing food was a major eye opener for me. I don’t know where you are but in the US almost no one really understands what healthy portions look like. Restaurant portions are often 3 and 4 times an appropriate meal. Even “healthy” options like salads from Panera are HUGE.

Also I have been stung in the past by letting myself have as much as I wanted of so called healthy foods. Almonds are great but a handful is too much. Full fat milk and yogurt is ok, but only in moderation. I love smoked salmon but I can’t just have as much as I want without consequences.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,569 Member
    Options
    CONSISTENT, moderate calorie deficit for weight loss. Vice versa for weight gain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    cheese .. I used to love a bit of cheese with an apple or a packet of potato chips .. turns out that bit of cheese was 400kcal !!!! .... when I finally weight the cheese and realised that 25g is 100kcal, I just didnt bother eating it any more ... 25g ? its just not worth it :cry: