Frustrated and in need of advise

almaz321
almaz321 Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2018 in Getting Started
Hi I’m about to turn 30, I was on a “eat for your bood type” diet and stopped gained the weight back. I thought I would just eat healthy and excerise (I wasn’t excerising on the diet but I lost 25 lbs).

Since I’ve just been doing that I’ve slowly been gaining weight and now I’m back to square one! I’m annoyed because I’ve been eating healthy and going to the gym.

Should I just go back on the eat for your blood type diet?

Replies

• prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    I have never heard of the eat for your blood type diet. Losing weight is about eating less than you take in. I am not a believer in fad diets ( not sure if your diet is a fad) because the weight always comes back. You should eat to lose weight with a "diet" that is sustainable for life. I lost 37 pounds on weight watchers and am 1 pound away from my goal weight, I did it with eating real food not cutting anything out and exercise. You can do it good luck.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I have no idea what eating for your blood type entailed but if you lost weight it was because you were in calorie deficit.

If you don't already use this app start now and log everything you eat. If you consistently eat at a calorie deficit you will lose weight.

Its not a certain type of food we eat that leads to weight loss - its all about eating less than we burn = weight loss.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Weight loss is a relatively simple concept - consume fewer calories than you expend. Without going into a analysis of the nutritional quality on your consumption, eating less than you burn will result in weight loss.

Therefore it is important to know just how much to eat - how many calories you consume. It is very common to "eat healthy" and consume too many calories in the process.

Use MFP as designed - enter your stats and weight loss goals, weigh and measure your food and drink, log your consumption consistently and accurately, log your exercise activity (using reasonable calorie burns), have patience and over time, you will see weight loss.
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Weight loss is a relatively simple concept - consume fewer calories than you expend. Without going into a analysis of the nutritional quality on your consumption, eating less than you burn will result in weight loss.

Therefore it is important to know just how much to eat - how many calories you consume. It is very common to "eat healthy" and consume too many calories in the process.

Use MFP as designed - enter your stats and weight loss goals, weigh and measure your food and drink, log your consumption consistently and accurately, log your exercise activity (using reasonable calorie burns), have patience and over time, you will see weight loss.

^^^This. Avocados are very healthy; they are also very high in calories. Same with coconut oil, the dressing you might be putting on your otherwise healthy salads, or the hummus you might be dipping your veggies in. Calorie counting is king when it comes to weight loss. You can lose weight eating at McDonald's every day, even if you stick with burgers instead of salads.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    I am old enough to have heard of the blood type diet, and I suspect that it worked for you because you liked or tended to overeat some of the things that were on the "don't eat" list for your type. As a common O Positive, my blood type diet would have looked like keto with extra vegetables, so I ran the other way :lol:

Calorie deficit is everything, as all above have said. If you put in the effort to master the blood type diet you can do this, easy! It's all about logging and weighing/measuring portions, and it's simple after the first week or so. Good luck!
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    In addition to what everyone else said, also recognize that a lot of the fad diets give you menus which are very low calorie so that you lose fast but in the process you do not learn how to maintain the weight loss. One thing that is different about the MFP process, if you follow the app and the calories it recommends to stay in a deficit, is that you need to be patient as it is not designed for you to lose really fast (2 lbs. per week), unless you have 100 or more lbs. to lose.