Halo Top is deceptive???

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 859 Member
    I like the mint chocolate and the birthday cake.

Better than artic zero. Had one tub and it just wasn't good. I need to give the breyers flavors a shot. To see if they've got a better grip on the texture problem.

I mean I totally get that Halo top isn't ice cream and there's some compromises in texture, but It just wasn't right.

And regards the lawsuit. Seriously? It's 2-3 times the price of B&J's. Might want to take a really close look before spending that kind of money.
    Don't know where you are but where I live b&j ice cream is £4.99 halo top is £5.00
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    angelsja wrote: »

Better than artic zero. Had one tub and it just wasn't good. I need to give the breyers flavors a shot. To see if they've got a better grip on the texture problem.

I mean I totally get that Halo top isn't ice cream and there's some compromises in texture, but It just wasn't right.

And regards the lawsuit. Seriously? It's 2-3 times the price of B&J's. Might want to take a really close look before spending that kind of money.
    Don't know where you are but where I live b&j ice cream is £4.99 halo top is £5.00

Last time I bought B&J it was around $2. HT is 5-6.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member

Arctic zero is awful!! I have a friend that has tried the Breyers and said it is the best out of the 3 but I haven't tried it for myself yet. Mint chocolate is my favorite too :)

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    angelsja wrote: »

They are in America

Here in England tesco sell halo top for £5 b&j is regularly on offer for £2.50
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member

Arctic zero is awful!! I have a friend that has tried the Breyers and said it is the best out of the 3 but I haven't tried it for myself yet. Mint chocolate is my favorite too :)

We've only just got brewers and halo top here in England. Breyers I find very hard and the vanilla just tastes weird. Sea salt caramel halo is soft and tastes nice to me
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    edited May 2018

We recently tried Chilly Cow, and it's my favorite of all the brands. I hear the bars are garbage though. We tried the Brown Butter Salted Caramel and the Chocolate Brownie Batter and enjoyed both.

https://chillycow.com/?gclid=COPQl__8_doCFYiHxQIdkYYATw&gclsrc=ds

ETA: Instead of pints, they come in 2 realistic serving size portions that are each under 200 calories.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    What's he hoping to get out of this his $6.99 back?

His 15 minutes of fame...
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Fyi, Breyers 100-call No Sugar Added Butter Pecan is really good.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited May 2018
    Omg how dumb is he?
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Do you think he’s reading this and doing the reporting?
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »

Jeez,I think so,kinda weird to flag those posts I see nothing wrong?
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »

I was thinking the exact same thing, lol!

He seems like one of those people that spills a little bit of water in a supermarket and then “slips” on it so he can sue and collect damages for his “injuries”.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I was thinking of him in Shop Rite today. Halo Top is in an end cap freezer and as you walk by, you can't help but have your eye grabbed by... the big honking calorie count on the label. Seriously, it stands out in the freezer case. I can't understand how there's a case to be made out of this. You'd think the name of the product was "240" from a distance or something.