Recovery From Dislocated Tendon

Options
Last season I dislocated a tendon in my right hand putting me out of working out for about 4 months, getting back in I have noticed that my hand has been lacking in strength though I have been consistently working out, anyone know good forearm, hand, and or grip workouts that could help me out. By the way, training for the Highland Games so hand strength is crucial.

Replies

• andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You probably know this, but deadlifts (no bands), pull-ups and similar exercises are great for grip strength. Also there are severat variations of wrist curls that you can try, just search wrist curls on youtube and you should get a fair amount of videos
  • xmissxamyx
    xmissxamyx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Isn't there literally a thing called a hand grip? That was created specifically to work out your hand/grip strength and your forearms?
  • jshaw2025
    jshaw2025 Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    They make squishy eggs that are great hand therapy. Different puttys as well. Depending on which tendon it was you could do overhand grip curls and underhand tricep extension. You could also try bringing your thumb to the same side of the bar on safe lifts to vary your grip.