Spiralized zuchinni

dsboohead
dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
I picked up some in its raw state to mix in my spaghetti. Do I boil it before mixing into the spaghetti? For how long? It is thin shoelace like strings. Thanx!

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    I put mine is a frying pan, stir, and keep a close eye on it. Few minutes. Over cook it and it turns to mush. Enjoy!
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    When I'm adding it in with true pasta, I don't cook it at all. I drain the pasta, put it back in the pot and toss in the zucchini, cover and let it sit for a few minutes. The steam is enough to cook it without over doing it.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I tend to use 1/3 or half spiralized veg mixed into real pasta. I either zap in the microwave for a minute or just put the spiralized veg in the bottom of collander before draining the pasta over it so it cooks a little.
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    BOIL?? No.
  • dsboohead
    Thanks guys....gives me ideas as to what to do. And no I do not want mush.
    I will zap with my serving for pasta cause my husband will think I have lost my mind if he sees it in his serving....good lord ;)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I zap when we have sauces where it is easy to keep my portion and the hubby's separate, such as pesto, puttanesca or bolognese. In recipes where that is impossible because you need to cook the drained pasta in an oily sauce emulsified with pasta water such as aglio olio, carbonara, or cacio pepe I mix one third spiralized courgette with two thirds real pasta. The hubby tolerates that combination.
  • dsboohead
    This is what I did...... made the spaghetti in my instapot......did the zuchinni in a pan with olive oil and fried it hot and fast then added a little italian dressing. Added some to my own spaghetti.
    It was great and good cause I now can do a half and half with zuchinni/pasta.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    I just eat mine on it's own and don't add pasta with it. It's filling on it's own.
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    I eat it on it's own also (keto), and it is really good. Spaghetti, alfredo, anything I want!