Foods that make you feel full

Options
What are some foods or meals that help you feel full longer? I am allergic to nuts and fish, so I can't try that.

Replies

• DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Full fat dairy, lots of veggies, avocado, meat (such as turkey.), and oats! Shredded wheat and bran also have kept me satisfied because of they rich source of fiber. Beans such as black eye peas and black beans served with brown rice and a source of meat such as pork, chicken, or turkey are my go-tos. Or you can just have the beans with rice and veggies.
    0831227 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, spaghetti squash, cauliflower with light italian dressing or melted cottage cheese in a pan, 0 calorie shirataki noodles, slow-cooker spicy cabbage soup with firm tofu and veggies.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Protein is number one especially when I'm over hungry I'll make a turkey burger or a chicken sandwich I eat all the other healthy foods as well but nothing fills or sustains me like
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Protein
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Eggs, rice, chicken, and beans are the best for me.
  • MushroomLadyJR
    MushroomLadyJR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    For me, there is no one food. In general I'm more satisfied if I stick to 3 meals (and a small dessert) and get plenty of fruits and veggies in there. I also avoid snacking between meals, but if I must I choose fruit or a piece of cheese.
  • hannat5017
    hannat5017 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm super active at work and always feel hungry before my next break but this menu has kept me feeling full between breaks
    Fruit/protein smoothie for breakfast. So almond milk, protein powder, and some kind of fruit.
    Protein bar that has at least 10g of protein this is my snack I have found good ones under 200 calories
    Lunch either cafe steamers, smart made meals or little lunch box of turkey, baby carrots, crackers and hard boiled egg
    Dinner whatever I have planned but usually involves some kind of meat.
    This keeps me full all day and fits my 1450 calorie budget with some wiggle room. Usually try and hot 60g of protein each day. Hope this helps somewhat or gives you some ideas.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Rice and beans fill me up.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Meat, potatoes, eggs do it for me.
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese, Mexican food
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Lentils. Tons of fiber, good amount of protein and especially when I add some heat (hot peppers, hot curry paste, whatever), I feel like I might never eat again.
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is my favorite and most filling meal. Egg sandwich on Ezekiel bread or English muffin with about 0.5 oz hard cheese like grass fed red cheddar, two turkey sausages and a bit of veganaise. For lunch try adding garbanzo beans and quinoa to a salad.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    oranges, potatoes, oatmeal, beans and rice, most soups
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    This varies, depending on the person, really.

I like the suggestion for you to keep a food diary and note what works best for *you*.

I've learned from reading threads over the years that what works to keep someone else feeling full won't necessarily keep *me* feeling full, and that will apply to you as well.
  • tddgirl
    tddgirl Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    A roll made with oat or wheat bran and then whole wheat flour topped with avocado and two poached eggs :-D I eat this around 08.00 in the morning and this keeps me full until 12.00. This meal contains plenty of protein, fat, and fiber.
  • mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fat for me. All kinds of fat, but mostly mct oil, coconut oil, bacon, nut butters and fatty cuts of fish like salmon.
  • cianag
    cianag Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My friend says fats, but she is on Keto. I am not. What I do is make sure I eat every 2.5 to 3 hours during the day. I will have a 100 calorie snack so I don't get hungry before the next meal. Try to make sure that 100 calories is balanced between carbs and protein. I think that's why somebody invented peanut butter crackers. :smiley:
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, eggs, sausage..it seems to be protein and fatty foods that do it for me. If I eat a bunless burger I'm good for several hours.