Options

Replies

• grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Peaches!
  • allenlisa
    Options
    In salad. My grandma used to put fruit jelly in it for us when I was a kid.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I like to put it on some cheese flavored rice cakes! Then I usually add some spices as well, maybe some dried basil, garlic powder, paprika, etc. It is delicious!
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Pepper is all it needs for me. Of course you can add fruit as well, or any number of other things.
  • tgbz86
    tgbz86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ranch Dip!
    Everyone’s favorite -- without the guilt!
    Ingredients
    • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
    • 2 cups fat free cottage cheese
    • 2 Tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
    In a food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth. Pair with vegetables or thin it out with lemon juice and water for a fat free yummy dressing! Feel free to add your own spices into the mix as well, such as dill, pepper or cayenne if you like the heat!
    Cals Carbs Fat Pro Sugar Fiber
    Total (3 cups): 445 24 0 78 22 0
    Per Serving (1/2 cup): 74 4 0 13 4 0

Cottage Cheese Dip
    Ingredients
    • 1 tub fat free cottage cheese (or low sodium as well)
    • Herbs and spices
    • Lemon juice or zest
    Add the container of cottage cheese to the food processor. Add your favorite spices and/or lemon juice or zest. Blend in the food processor until smooth. EAT! You can use it as a vegetable or chip dip, as a spread on sandwiches, or as a dip for fruit (use lemon or other citrus flavors to keep it sweet). My favorite spices to add are: dill, garlic or garlic powder, pepper, lemon zest/juice.
    Total (2 cups): 280 20 0 52 16 0
    Per Serving (1 cup): 140 10 0 26 8 0

Cheesy Protein Salsa
    Ingredients
    • 1 tub fat free cottage cheese [or low sodium as well] (2cups)
    • 1 container fat-free salsa of your choice (2cups)
    If you like chunky salsa you can just mix them in a bowl. If you prefer smooth salsa, blend cottage cheese and salsa in a food processor. Pop into microwave to heat through and melt the cheese. Devour! You could use this as a salad dressing too.
    Total (4 cups): 460 58 0 56 44 14
    Per Serving (1 cup): 115 15 0 14 11 4
    Compare to Velveta Salsa!!
    Total (2 cups): 1360 72 96 80 48 8
    Per Serving (1 cup): 680 36 48 40 24 4
    Hummus
    Ingredients
    • 1 can of chickpeas
    • 1 tbsp of lemon juice
    • 2 cloves of garlic
    • 1 tsp canola oil
    • 2 tbsp fat free cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt (if you want a creamy texture without adding more oil)
    • 1 tbsp cumin
    Directions: In a food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth.
    Total (2cups): 420 71 11 24 1 18
    Per Serving (1/4 cup): 105 18 3 6 0 5

Cucumber Dip
    Ingredients
    • 1.5 cups fat free cottage cheese
    • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
    • 1 cup cucumber- diced (remove seeds)
    • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
    • 1 Tbsp dill (or other spices/herbs)
    • 1 clove of garlic
    • 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
    Slice the cucumber in half long ways, and spoon out the seeds. Dice the cucumber and garlic. Add ingredients into a food processor and lightly mix until all ingredients are equally blended.
    Total (2½ cups) : 311 17 4 44 14 0
    Per Serving (½ cup) : 78 4 1 11 4 0

Steel-Cut Oatmeal
    Ingredients
    • ¼ cup Steel-cut oatmeal (dry)
    • ½ cup skim milk
    • 1/8 cup dried fruit mix
    • ¼ cup fat free cottage cheese
    Mix all ingredients together.
    Total (1 cup): 310 50 4 18 16 6
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I friggin' LOVE cottage cheese! ughhhh. I eat it with lots of stuff. Sometimes fruit, sometimes pretzels! hah. I got husband doing that too. yum.
    I love cottage cheese with pretzels! Anytime I have it I get weird looks or questioned about it. LOL I guess you have to LOVE cottage cheese to enjoy it.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to eat it?

looking for something high in protein, that i can pack easily to take for lunches.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Pineapples!
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You can put it on an english muffin & broil it (tomato slice on top too if you like that). My grandma used to add it to macaroni noodles & bake it - cottage cheese DOES melt. I usually just go w/ fruit though.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    My favorite way to eat cottage cheese is with vine ripe (preferably home grown) tomatoes with a bit of pepper and salt (not a lot, but a tad). So yummy. The cheese soaks up the tomato juice and its just heaven :)
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes!!!!!

1/2 cup oatmeal (not from a packet)
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 egg (2-3 egg whites can be substituted)
    1-2 Tsp stevia/sugar/1 packet sweetener of your choice
    Dash of cinnamon

Add oatmeal to a blender, blend into a flour. Add the rest of ingredients, blend, then cook per usual.

Super filliing and delicious, I will make a fruit topping by simmering fruit of choice with some sweetener and a little water.
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I would like to say, fat free cottage cheese is terrible. Maybe you could switch to 2% or 4%, it tastes much better. (even alone) Also a 1/2 cup of 4% fat is usually around 110 calories. Not bad if you pair it with some cherry tomatoes and green onions.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    These are 2 of my faves......

Make a "prawn cocktail" tub of cottage cheese, teaspoon of tomato puree, pinch of cayenne pepper and a handful of prawns.

Coronation chicken - tub of cottage cheese, small steamed chicken breast diced into bite size pieces, spoon of curry powder or paste, tablespoon of sultanas.

If the cottage cheese is on the drier side add some light mayo to get the desired consistency.
  • reneeot
    Options
    Protein pancakes!!!!!

1/2 cup oatmeal (not from a packet)
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 egg (2-3 egg whites can be substituted)
    1-2 Tsp stevia/sugar/1 packet sweetener of your choice
    Dash of cinnamon

Add oatmeal to a blender, blend into a flour. Add the rest of ingredients, blend, then cook per usual.

Super filliing and delicious, I will make a fruit topping by simmering fruit of choice with some sweetener and a little water.

i eat these already!! delicious, but I cut the cottage cheese amt in half!!!
  • Nateorious
    Options
    Johnny seasoning salt. i know it sounds weird but it is really good. Be conservative with it, it is very strong in the cottage cheese.

Strawberry jam and pineapple as mentioned before are also good.

I am a vegetarian and i make a tofu scramble where I scramble the tofu and add a cup of cottage cheese, as mentioned before it will melt. Then add any other ingredient you would make a scramble with. I like spinach and boca sausage links myself. Add turmeric, cumin and salt for good seasonings.

Cottage cheese is one of my fav ingredients because of the high protein and low fat content. I add it into anything i want to make "creamier". Pasta sauce, homemade chili ect.
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love it because it can be savory or sweet. I like it a few different ways:

Spread over a waffle with pepper/jam

Plain with pepper or other seasoning

Mixed 1:1 with a fruit yogurt like blueberry

Mixed with a spoonful of jam
  • reneeot
    Options
    thanks everyone great ideas!!
  • erinoldham19
    Options
    cinnamon truvia vanilla extract

sugar free preserves

sugar free maple syrup

chocolate whey, peanut butter

i had to start out y putting it in the processor to get rid of the chunks.. try to stick with the fat free/low sodium if you can..
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It makes a wonderful omelet! 1 egg & 1/4 c of cottage cheese stirred up with garlic powder and parsley. Spray a glass bowl and microwave 3 min. Serve with salsa.