Options
Hi, I’m trying to loose weight
Only got a stone to loose
I’ve set my macros to
Protein 35
Fats 35
Carbs 30
Calories 1,600
My question is do I eat for the sake of it?
I’m struggling some days to hit my calories but more so my protein
If I’m not hungry should I force more down?
It just seems wrong to do so
Thanks very much in advance for help x

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Undereating every so often is not a bad thing, but consistently undereating (undernourishing your body) can lead to health problems and your body deciding that it doesn't want to do basic things (like grow hair, have healthy nails and skin, maintain hormone levels etc)....

How are you determining how much you eat? Do you weigh all solids and measure all liquids? Have you made sure the database entries you use are accurate?

How long have you been trying to lose, and how much have you lost (and, are you losing slower or faster than expected?)
  • debby28052016
    debby28052016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya, thanks for reply. I’m either scanning food or weighing it, eating really clean
    So Greek yogurt and protein powder or protein shake, and lunch and tea are protein and veg or salad. I’ve been seriously doing this for 3 weeks I have lost a few pounds and cloths feel better.
    I just wondered should I eat for the sake of eating really to increase my calories and protein
    Im most days only eating 1,200 calories
    I could perhaps eat a protein bar or add another scoop of protein powder in!
    But should I?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hiya, thanks for reply. I’m either scanning food or weighing it, eating really clean
    So Greek yogurt and protein powder or protein shake, and lunch and tea are protein and veg or salad. I’ve been seriously doing this for 3 weeks I have lost a few pounds and cloths feel better.
    I just wondered should I eat for the sake of eating really to increase my calories and protein
    Im most days only eating 1,200 calories
    I could perhaps eat a protein bar or add another scoop of protein powder in!
    But should I?

Just choose more calorie dense foods. Eat some fat - you need it for good health. The protein and fat macros that mfp recommends should be seen as minimums.

Eating clean is somewhat meaningless... Losing weight doesn't mean restricting yourself of everything you enjoy. Plain meat and vegetables/salad and high protein just sounds restrictive, boring and like a quick path to a binge.