Diet help

Options
I can’t stay motivated when it comes to eating healthy. My biggest weakness is not eating enough thru out the day. I get lazy and don’t feel like making the meals. Dinner is never the issue eating either. Is it ok to have meal replacements for everything but dinner?

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Or you can just eat the majority of your calories at dinner. There are many here who only eat one meal a day (OMAD). If you opt for meal replacements, just log them like anything else. For weight loss, all that really counts is that you are in a calorie deficit, however you get to that. It may make it difficult once you get down to your goal weight and try to enter maintenance, though. Better to find a more sustainable way to eat that will carry over into maintenance.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Meal prep! Find enough motivation to spend half a day cooking, freeze them up into batches and then there is suddenly a ton of meals ready to go that require no more effort than a frozen convenience meal.

I cook roughly once a month for the majority of meals. I do still make an occasional fresh meal (eg. steak, salad) but the majority are from my freezer stash.
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    +1 on meal prep.

I made all my meals for the week in 3 hours tonight. Saves the temptation to way convenience foods (I always think just once will be alright, but it never is).

When I stop meal prepping, I start gaining.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Its funny how a person can tell me what I loss and didn't loss lmao. Wow.

Unless you had a 42,000 calorie deficit over those two weeks, the vast majority of it was water weight
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Its funny how a person can tell me what I loss and didn't loss lmao. Wow.

How about if we tell you that detox tea is silly useless woo that doesn't do anything to help lose weight instead?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't think meal replacements will do anything except aggravate the problem. Instead, I suggest you make meals you want to eat.