Late night cravings & stomach is growling HELP!

Options
1besito
1besito Posts: 10 Member
edited May 2018 in Motivation and Support
Day 2 of feeling hungry at bedtime. I can't sleep. I am establishing a bedtime routine. I've drank water. Lots of water.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    If you’re hungry, eat. Save some calories for a bedtime snack.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I learned that it's better not to swim against the tide. It's certainly better for the people around me. So I usually have a late dinner and a 2-300-cal reserve for in-bed snacking. Planning and CICO are everything :smile:
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    If I’m hungry just before bed I’ll eat yogurt. There’s a good range of calories depending on fat and sugar content so you don’t have to go way over. If that’s not a good pick for you just choose something that is low carb and low sodium so you don’t wake up puffy.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You're on day 2, it takes a while to get used to eating less calories.
    If its mostly at night time when you feel this, save some of your calories for a filling night time snack.
    Drinking water helps, or tea.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry because you haven't eaten enough, eat more. If you have cravings, eat something you like.
  • 1besito
    Options
    Thank you! These are most helpful. I was doing fine until these last 2 days. I'll go grab some yogurt and save some calories for that before bed. *crosses fingers*
  • 1besito
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    I learned that it's better not to swim against the tide. It's certainly better for the people around me. So I usually have a late dinner and a 2-300-cal reserve for in-bed snacking. Planning and CICO are everything :smile:

Hello :) ty for your insight. I appreciate it. Also, what's CICO?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lots of people pick a deficit that's too aggressive. You don't have to start with losing 2 lbs a week... 1 lb is better than crashing and giving up after a week.

Also, more protein, fiber, and fat.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    1besito wrote: »
    SabAteNine wrote: »

Hello :) ty for your insight. I appreciate it. Also, what's CICO?

Calories in, calories out. Losing weight by (the only) way of creating an energy deficit can generally be subscribed to a smaller input (how much you eat) than output (how much energy you expend). Here's a wonderful post from someone in the community explaining things much better than I could: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1399829/step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    a little yogurt helps me with this, also a good book
  • 1besito
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    If you’re hungry, eat. Save some calories for a bedtime snack.
    This has been so very helpful. I did this tonight and my stomach is not growling nor do I feel hungry. Thank you!
  • 1besito
    Options
    vallary14 wrote: »
    If I’m hungry just before bed I’ll eat yogurt. There’s a good range of calories depending on fat and sugar content so you don’t have to go way over. If that’s not a good pick for you just choose something that is low carb and low sodium so you don’t wake up puffy.
    I like octopus. Vigo has 100 calorie octopus in a can. That's what I ate and it did the trick *crosses fingers* thank you! I got some yogurt for back up. I figure it's best to go over 100 calories than binge or completely fall off the wagon lol TY