Dessert Hummus

alcomer
alcomer Posts: 101 Member
I have been enjoying dessert hummus for some time, but I just found it in Snickerdoodle flavor, OMG..ate with sliced apples and it tasted like apple pie!!!

Replies

• RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    This sounds very weird, but I am intrigued! Did you buy or make it?
  • alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    kballsocc wrote: »

I bought it at Publix, I got the chocolate brownie and vanilla ones at Aldi. I know it sounds so weird, but it is really good!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    There is also a chocolate mint. They were in our fridge a while. Everyone loved them at first, but every container was tossed unfinished after a while. Something about it gets old quickly.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    kballsocc wrote: »

I've had chocolate hummus before. I think I got it at Wegmans. It's not weird if you consider that beans are very bland. If you leave out the garlic or other spices that go into a savory hummus, and add sweet flavors instead, those are the flavors that will dominate. Many Chinese desserts use sweet bean pastes.
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    I haven’t seen this but I love hummus. My favorite is carmelized onion from fountain of health.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Snickerdoodle sounds great!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I like chocolate hummus and carrot hummus(it's sweet with apricot topping).
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    AHHHHHHH!! I eat the chocolate and it's amazing. I WANT this snickerdoodle!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    I only eat hummus with chips or veggies. I have no idea what to eat with this.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    edited May 2018
    How is this different from frosting?

ETA: seriously curious, not trying to be a smartas$
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    MichSmish wrote: »

It's still chickpea based like regular hummus, and nowhere near as sweet as frosting. It is delicious, though.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    ponycyndi wrote: »

I think that is one of the things that kept tubs from getting finished at my house. A salty pita chip with chocolate mint cookie flavored hummus is kind of an odd flavor. Even baby carrots just wasn't quite right. One of my kids would get a tablespoon of it and nibble at it. But the initial excitement died off pretty quickly.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Where are people buying these hummus's. I checked my wegmans app and it I didn't see anything but regular hummus there
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member

I think that is one of the things that kept tubs from getting finished at my house. A salty pita chip with chocolate mint cookie flavored hummus is kind of an odd flavor. Even baby carrots just wasn't quite right. One of my kids would get a tablespoon of it and nibble at it. But the initial excitement died off pretty quickly.

graham cracker
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    JMcGee2018 wrote: »

It's still chickpea based like regular hummus, and nowhere near as sweet as frosting. It is delicious, though.

oh ok. interesting.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    i use animal crackers with mine
  • rgl536
    rgl536 Posts: 25 Member
    I eat it on crispy rice rolls, pretzel chips and bananas
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

Stacy's Pita Chips has at least one sweet flavor -- I think it's cinnamon sugar (I haven't tried them). I've also seen people use apple slices to eat it.
  • MichelleWithMoxie

Stacy's Pita Chips has at least one sweet flavor -- I think it's cinnamon sugar (I haven't tried them). I've also seen people use apple slices to eat it.

Those cinnamon sugar pita chips are the bomb!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited May 2018

Those cinnamon sugar pita chips are the bomb!

I'm honestly a little afraid to try them! I already love pita chips and cinnamon sugar is one of my favorite combinations. I can easily imagine liking them enough to eat a whole bag. I'll probably try them when I'm with my family and I can share the bag with a bunch of people.