Getting back to health

Options
Hello, I'm Keith. I have been on the myfitnesspal app for years with drops and restarts. At present I am up to 271 lbs, which is nearly 100 lbs from the ideal weight of 175 lb that I carried up until 2010. Since then, I got a new job that was much more sedentary, and two babies came along which turned my focus away from taking care of myself, and of course passing the milestone of age 40. I stopped working out, and since I eat like an athletic twenty year old, I started packing on the pounds. When I reached 250, I jumped back on the myfitnesspal, started tracking and being mindful of what I eat and how much. This app kept me focused and I dropped back down to the 210 lb. After that I stopped using the app as life got in the way and soon I went back to old habits- overeating and not exercising. Welp, here we are, May 2018, and I am at the biggest I have ever been. My wake up call and motivation came two weeks ago when I needed to buy new clothes and found that my sizes are reaching the level that I no longer fit into "regular sized" clothes and have to shop in the big and tall section. So I wanted to introduce myself and ask for encouragement because this is going to be a long tough road to crawl back. Thanks!

Replies

• BeccaK2002
    BeccaK2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Rebecca! Nice to meet u! I am trying to get in shape for summer and swin suits
  • BabyPhat1980
    BabyPhat1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had a baby 8 months ago and need to lose some weight. :)
  • bandlizz
    bandlizz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! The great thing about desk/sedentary jobs is there is a lot you CAN control. For example I am keeping a container of oatmeal in my desk (the unsweetened kind) so I can have a good breakfast every morning. I also keep my own milk in the fridge instead of using the half and half every day in my coffee.

Also listen to your body. I find I eat a lot when I’m bored or tired, instead of figuring out I need something to do or just to sleep. It takes practice to be mindful but when you stop and figure out why you want that candy or other trigger food, usually it is because you need something else.

Finally, the purchase that changed my life is a fitness watch. Mine is a Fitbit HR charge 2, but any one works. You can sync the Fitbit app to MFP so it makes tracking fitness easy. Totally worth the money since I wear it 24/7 (except for showers).

Hope this helps!