159 lb loss with pic (loss in progress!)

Options
hmm33502
hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
eym8ht1cynnh.jpeg
At 327 lbs and 31 years old, I found myself needing a motorized cart in Walmart. At 168 lbs and 39 years old, I am a barre fitness instructor with the best body that I have ever had.....ever! I’m lighter and smaller than I was in the 6th grade! This transformation is 8 years in the making. I had a lap band, lost, gained, lost, gained, got my band removed and converted to a sleeve and kicked up my workouts to 10-12 hours per week. I eat low carb and pretty strict most days. I’m just getting back into logging because I’m just not losing lately. I had skin removal surgery in January! Ask me anything!

Replies

• morelife2017x
    morelife2017x Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, congrats. It takes a lot of dedication to accomplish what you did.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Well done! Love the bikini too.
  • stonecold3692003
    stonecold3692003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great! How painful was the skin removal surgery?
  • elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Truly stunning and what a powerful story! Thanks for sharing!!
  • hmm33502
    Options
    You look great! How painful was the skin removal surgery?
    It was an excruciating 10 week recovery with 6 weeks in bed and little walking. Hard for anyone, near impossible for a fitness instructor! My recovery was really long due to the flu, a really bad Levaquin reaction, a necrotizing infection, and a massive uterine fibroid that they discovered in surgery. I’m this pic I still have a uterus and fibroid that were the size of a 5 month pregnancy. I had a hysterectomy last week so my stomach is flatter! I would have done an updated pic, but my incisions still look pretty nasty. All in all, I am beyond pleased with the result and would do it again in a heartbeat!
  • stillcocky
    stillcocky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!
  • hmm33502
    Options
    Thank you all so much! It has been a rough road, but support makes it all possible!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous!
    Very well done!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You have been thru hell and you prevailed! They say only the strong survive! Reap your sweet rewards you deserve it !
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful. You are a true inspiration. Congratulations on your hard work.
  • hmm33502
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Wow!!! You have been thru hell and you prevailed! They say only the strong survive! Reap your sweet rewards you deserve it !

Thank you so much! When I look at my journey as compared to what so many others are going through, it seems so small and minuscule in comparison. I try to keep going to help others!
  • hmm33502
    Options
    babylovers wrote: »
    Awesome job I have lost 157 pounds. Went from 5'6 360 to 204. I really have lots of skin. Did u get surgery on arms tummy thighs breast? I don't have the money for surgery and my emotions about it are taking from my successes. How did you pay for your surgery? Any advice if insurance pays for skin surgery? Or how I can get help in some way to pay for it? Please and thank you. I do know I have at least another 30 pounds before I think about it but it's effecting me now. dojhgaiqjp2t.jpg

First of all WOW! You look amazing! I bet you feel even better! I have seen insurance cover some tummy tucks based on sores under the skin. I had a arms with jplasty (braline skin) and lower body lift with butt augmentation (with my own skin!) it was right at 24K, out of pocket. My doctor was quite a bit more expensive than most because of his level of expertise. I know that even my doctor does insurance covered surgeries, I just don’t have insurance that covers it.
    There is a plastic surgery “credit card” called CareCredit. They do 0% financing for some surgeries and low percentage rates for others. Do your research!! I look at shows like “Skin Tight” and while they look great, I would never have picked most of those doctors. I’m in San Antonio so I have only researched my area. Look in various forums for recommendations for doctors in your area. Keep up the good work! And Old Navy compression workout leggings are wonderful for holding in skin. They have high waist super compression and they aren’t too bad price wise!
  • babylovers
    babylovers Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sweet thank you for all your encouragement and info. You did ammmmazinng also. I Know the dedication it takes to get there and you should be so so proud you chose to have a longer healtheir happier life and your encouraging others like me . Very thankful for sweet souls like yours. May god bless you along your way to living the life you put so much effor into living.
  • jesguinn
    jesguinn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    OP you look amazing! What an awesome transformation! Also, I am OBSESSED with barre! Congrats on your progress!
  • hmm33502
    Options
    jesguinn wrote: »
    OP you look amazing! What an awesome transformation! Also, I am OBSESSED with barre! Congrats on your progress!

Thank you! Barre is truly one of the best workouts ever! I’m amazed at what it has done for my butt and legs! Keep up the good work!
  • ScottCruger
    ScottCruger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    OMG !!! Amazing transformation. Proof that anyone, at any time, can do this. Go Girl Go !!
  • hmm33502
    Options
    OMG !!! Amazing transformation. Proof that anyone, at any time, can do this. Go Girl Go !!

Thank you! And it takes time and long term dedication. That is a common misconception with weight loss surgery. There is still a ton of work involved, especially to keep it off after the first year!
  • hmm33502
    Options
    You look fabulous! Well done! Love the bikini too.

It was my first bikini...EVER! I have since purchased multiples!
  • NGentRD
    NGentRD Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Wow I love you all
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!