Looking to gain weight

Options
I gain weight but it seems like I lose it all the next day. I been trying to eat a lot and work out but I dont eat enough. I eat breakfast lunch and dinner but doesnt seem to be enough.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    J3Ramos23 wrote: »
    I gain weight but it seems like I lose it all the next day. I been trying to eat a lot and work out but I dont eat enough. I eat breakfast lunch and dinner but doesnt seem to be enough.
    Any suggestions?

Are you tracking your calories and macros in myfitnesspal? Have you entered all your information correctly. Are you measuring your food, and eating enough calories each day? Are you getting enough protein every day?
  • NerdyFlex
    NerdyFlex Posts: 1,672 Member
    Options
    jflongo wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

Are you tracking your calories and macros in myfitnesspal? Have you entered all your information correctly. Are you measuring your food, and eating enough calories each day? Are you getting enough protein every day?

Exactly this! I would also just like to stress the part about protein! A good rule of thumb, is to eat your goal weight in grams of protein. So if you want to weigh 180lbs then eat 180 grams of protein per day!
  • mickstar_2003
    mickstar_2003 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many calories you need to maintain weight firstly and as said are you tracking calories and macros are you eating in a surplus, you need to know how many calories you need for how active you are , plus what do you eat , just saying by eating breakfast , lunch and dinner that's only 3 meals not much and if your struggling to get meals in you can drink your calories make shakes I.e protein powder, milk , peanut butter , oats, banana etc can serve up alot of calories that can be easily consumed.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions?

Eat more.

If you're not gaining weight, you're not consuming enough calories. The only way to gain weight is to consume more calories than you expend.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

Eat more.

If you're not gaining weight, you're not consuming enough calories. The only way to gain weight is to consume more calories than you expend.

Why was this woo'd 3 times???

I'm assuming OP weighs in the morning at one weight, eats and weighs in higher at the end of the day, sleeps and poops and weighs in the next morning back to the previous morning's weight.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Eat more= gain weight
    Move/ expend less than you eat= gain weight
    Simple thermodynamics!
  • koutureempress
    koutureempress Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try apetamin it helped me to gain..
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some high calorie/dense foods (avocados/ nuts/ nut butters/ cheese/ 'fat bombs' snacks etc)...or just go to restaurants lol!