I need some accountability / encouragement.

Options
So I joined Fitness Pal back in March/April and had great success. I started running with my wife for the 1st time and lost 23 pounds in about 2 months. Unfortunately, our entire family got sick for weeks and I got off track. I have since gained 10 pounds back and haven't been exercising consistently or eating right.

I am 6' 1" and currently weight 240. I would love to get down to 199 for just 1 day, then hold my weight around 205-215 consistently. (I have a large natural frame, so I will never weigh what the charts say I should - I think my head alone weighs 40 lbs....it is huge)

I decided today that it simply felt too good back in May/June when I was thinner and healthy. I'm looking for a few friends in which we can keep each other accountable. I need to change my habits and get back out of this rut I'm in.

By the way, I ran this morning for nearly 3 miles and have eaten great today so far....it's a start!

Thanks!

Replies

• diane423
    diane423 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hey we all have set backs. Glad you and the family are feeling better.. Good luck...
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    you ran 3 miles today that's a great!!! glad you and your family are feeling better
  • MakeItHappenAnt
    Options
    let's go drummerics...u can do this...as 1 of my favorite mma fighters George St. Pierre just posted on facebook...if u fall 7 times, get up an 8th time.
  • melville88
    melville88 Posts: 137
    Options
    The hardest part after a set back is getting back on track but you can do it and it sounds like you're in the right head space to try again which is the most important thing. Keep reminding yourself by looking at photos etc and success stories of how wonderful that success will feel. Good luck! x
  • drummerlcs
    Options
    Thank you all! Wow that was fast - great response times people! :)

I really appreciate it and look forward to getting down to my goal weight.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Glad you're back on track! Wish my husband would get with the program!!! I'm mainly into outdoor sports, and I'm obsessed with kayaking. Friend me if you want encouragement.
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    You are very similar to my husband, tall, large frame. He runs too! It's hard to get back on the wagon! Congrats on your willpower!
  • Cinnamonie
    Cinnamonie Posts: 138
    Options
    I know the feeling......after months of no accountability and not using this site to its fullest I finally am going at it not half assed anymore, so I'm scared of setbacks like yours, but hopefully we can make it through
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Way to get back on track!!! Feel free to add me, if you like!