20 lbs At A Time......

Options
doingit4mykids6812
doingit4mykids6812 Posts: 18 Member
edited May 2018 in Getting Started
I have about 100 lbs to lose but I'm taking small victories 20 lbs at a time. Anyone else in the same boat????

I'm also doing more of the keto diet anyone else doing that too???

Replies

• mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Yep. I plan little rewards to celebrate certain milestones. So far, I have never gotten past the first one or two. BUT, for me, they help. I started a charm bracelet once (got one charm, which I have since lost). My biggest ones were getting a new puppy (at 50 lbs) and *maybe* a tattoo, at goal. My kids talked me into a puppy long before I earned one, though :) Now he's 6 years old and I'm still almost 100 lbs overweight. Fortunately, I want another dog, so puppy will go back on the list. I haven't given too much thought to the other rewards and when to time them (10 lbs, then 20 lbs, then 50?) Part of the fun is in coming up with the list :)
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Mini goals are great because it makes the overall goal seem less scary :) I'm doing a similar thing with setting myself mini mile stones and it definitely helps!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    If you have an apple phone, download the happy scale app. It will give you 10 milestones to your goal and track your average weight loss. It's a good little app to have. :)
  • doingit4mykids6812
    doingit4mykids6812 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Yep, in that boat. Currently, I'm working to get to one-derland and then to get out of the 90s (I function in kilos but one-derland is such a nice concept and I want to get there). After that, it's onwards to below 85, and then to 70s. So, about 10lbs at a time.

Another thing I have done in the past that I found super motivating was measuring my loss in butter tubs. I bought myself flowers for each butter tub (about 1.5lbs) lost, and then went to the grocery store to visualize how many tubs I lost.
  • wifenmotherx3
    wifenmotherx3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm in the same boat with about the same amount of weight to lose! Feel free to add me anyone if you would like!
  • MrsBrooks0913
    MrsBrooks0913 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat, with 120-130 to lose. I am trying to look at it as 10lbs at a time, otherwise I get overwhelmed. I made a list of things I can buy myself at different weight losses. Good luck!