trying...

Options
Hi there everyone...well who ever may take a read of this...
I'm new to this who new MFP thing...well I joined months ago but I finally had some time to sit down and see how it all works. I'm hoping to shed a few (30 or so lbs) and get back into the fitness game...I'm looking for ideas to get started as I am struggling to not give in to the chocolate by 2pm...advice, tips welcome...Thanks Kate

Replies

• trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Eat well in the early part of the day. A good breakfast, snack, and lunch keep the evening munchies at bay for me. Also, cut out sugars and all foods with refined sugar or flour. The more of that you eat, the more you want. Proteins, fats, veggies, lower carb fruits, and nuts are my staples. Eating protein and fat will keep you satisfied.
  • ceeceesmom
    Options
    Trying to ignore a craving is the worst! I would suggest getting some fat free hot chocolate and make that your mid afternoon snack. Get it super hot so you sip it and you get your chocolate too.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Some ideas for chocolate cravings...sugar free dark chocolate mousse (60 cals), fiber one brownie (90 calories), sugar free fudge pops (like 40 cals)...or check out skinnytaste.com for some recipes
  • LaurenRain
    Options
    Hello, in answer to your question, I find that adding more Whole Grains and Whole Wheat to your Diet along with Walnuts and things like that actually cut down the cravings for sweets. Give it a try!
  • MinigirlKd
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for the quick replies...wow I'm in awe actually. I had feared that no one would say a word to me ...it's that high school insecurity creeping up on me again!!! I really appreciate the suggestions...especially the chocolate ones...I am totally gonna try the hot chocolate one ...I feel so encouraged now...
  • MadiGracesMomma
    Options
    These are all great ideas, Ladies! While I am at work, I get that mid afternoon craving too, and I try to keep healthy stuff around. That's the key I think....being prepared! And when all else just doesn't hit the spot... having a couple of hershey kisses isn't the end of the world! After the first week, logging my calories and exercise here became so easy for me...especially with the awesome app you can get for your phone! Good luck!!
  • lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a weakness for chocolate also. My craving for it always comes right after supper. I keep chocolate in the freezer, like after 8's that are individually wrapped and under 80 cal. That way I get my chocolate dose in, but it's controlled! When I tried cutting it out completely, I caught myself binging on it!
  • MinigirlKd
    Options
    I just got an iphone and downloaded the app so that is why I feel very encouraged to take this more seriously as I can update my food and exercise right away...and I am so encouraged by all the kind words and thoughtful tips...Thanks everyone...