What are your favorite Aldi finds?

Options
2»

Replies

• madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Sliced gouda, eggs, organic spinach, organic tomatoes (canned), spray olive oil, peppered salami, black forest ham,
    center cut bacon, dog treats (not for me--:))
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    it kills my sodium for the day - but they have their earthly grains mixes - that are like Farro, Spelt or Barley with different combinations of seasonings
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The SimplyNature Fruit strips and fruit snacks are delicious! The Moser Roth chocolate is awesome - my favorite is the dark chocolate and sea salt. The pizzas are delicious and cheap. Pasta sauces are great. I really like the whole SimplyNature line; including tortilla chips and salsa!

Black bean veggie burgers, organic black beans, olive oil are good tips going to have to try those!
  • thynes1313
    thynes1313 Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    A recent find is Little Salad Bar - Black Bean Salad. 100 cals per serving... I use it to top chicken or eat on crackers.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    They have so many tempting and delicious snack foods it can be kind of a pit fall for dieting.

YES!! The wall of amazing (and super cheaply-priced) Belgian chocolate bars immediately upon entering. And specialty cookies. And cocoa-dusted truffles (seasonal). And all the cheeses! (sub <$3 camembert/brie is just dangerous). (Lots and lots of stuff I have to speed by now that I count calories).

So what do I get there now?:
    Food bars (protein bar, and Special K/Nature Valley/Fiber One protein& fiber added food bars at much cheaper).
    • Greek yogurt singles (same price as the generic at the other stores - no better or worse in price or selection)
    • The aerosol oil sprays (mentioned above). Usually the butter-flavored one.
    boneless/skinless chicken breasts (cheapest in the area at $1.89/lb. next closest is Wegmans at $2/lb for club pack. everywhere else is at least $3/lb).
    boneless pork chops (they have a fairly lean cut that is often on weekly special for a pretty good price).
    Frozen shrimp and salmon <-- much, much higher priced everywhere else
    Frozen berries <-- they have $2 bags. And not just the strawberries.
    • Frozen asparagus, green beans (theirs have a particularly low-water-content compared to other brands - not soggy and lying in a pool of water when microwaved unlike others)
    • Random produce (often something is really low priced. Asparagus last week. Potatoes were a good price too).
    • Potluck/Party food (they have a lot of ready to eat, but not quite diet-friendly, food items. chocolate/cookies, cheese, baked stuff, frozen mini eclairs/cream puffs,..).
    • Bottled sauerkraut

What, in particular, do I not get there/they do not have that I buy regularly?:
    • They do not have sugar-free jam/preserves that I like with my cottage cheese
    • No plain popcorn kernels (just microwave bags)
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ditto on the produce not being as long lasting. I won't buy it there unless I know I'm going to eat it or chop and freeze it very, very soon.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if the produce is a regional thing? Any produce that I've ever bought was super fresh and certainly lasted longer than just 2-3 days.

I just got their hummus for the first time the other day and really enjoyed that.

Thanks for all of the responses, I'm definitely looking forward to trying some of these yummy foods.
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love their Greek style yogurt with coconut- it really is a treat. They do a good salami and rocket pizza. All their salami and pastrami. Their mixed nuts. Tea. Italian blend coffee beans. Garlic infused olive oil. Coconut oil. Quinoa sachets. Pasta sauce. Sausages. Lots of their frozen fish! Love aldi
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    We love their Clancy veggie sticks, fresh chicken, ground beef & turkey, pork tenderloin. Their lettuce prices are always much better than the other stores.. I don't buy too much fresh produce from there, I feel like sometimes it goes bad quickly, but not all the time.. it's kind of hit or miss. Love their hummus and the brand Little Salad Bar has really good pre-made macaroni salad, potato salad & coleslaw. Their french fries and tater tots are awesome. I get dog food there, name brand, but cheaper and I also buy their brand diapers, never had a problem with them. The only problem I've ever had at Aldi is with their canned black olives. My daughter loves olives and 3 separate times I've gotten canned olives and they've been moldy when I opened them! I try to get as much as I can at Aldi, before going to another store. Their bread is always really fresh and a good price!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Their produce is usually good. Sometimes it’s not but the same can be said of any store. I like that they carry sourdough bread. The “sweet and salty” granola bars are so good, they’re like candy bars lol. The cereal is super inexpensive. I used to love getting refrigerated pie crusts because they were only like $1.79 but they stopped carrying them :( oh, their BACON. I personally think it’s better than like, Hormel or whatever. And it was on sale a couple weeks ago for $3 and change so I got enough for the whole month. as for what’s NOT good, their protein powder. Yuck.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a salad eater, but I lurrrrve their chopped sweet kale salad kit. Can eat that all day, everyday. Also they have wild caught salmon for less than a $1/filet. Can't beat that price.
  • renaecotton123
    renaecotton123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like their knock off triscuits, protein granola bars, light string cheese, and they have some great steamable grain/veggie blends.
  • MelodyMomof2
    MelodyMomof2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I get the cereal bars. 120 calories and puts a little something on my stomach besides coffee in the morning. I always get my yogurts, milk, eggs, low fat cream cheese and sour cream, veggies and fruits of all kinds, breads, condiments. They have everything, even wines that are pretty decent to be so cheap.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese, milk, eggs, cheese, Pepperidge Farm goldfish crackers, and their brand of olive oil nonstick spray. I never buy their produce since it goes back quickly (same problem with Trader Joe's) and their meat is about the same as the local grocery store I go to daily so I don't bother
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I love the Aldi store brand cheese wedges but the last two times I've stopped in, it seems they no longer have those...instead they have Laughing Cow brand for just slightly less than supermarket prices. Ugh!!
  • czmiles926
    czmiles926 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Moroccan spiced hummus,
    Deli market falafel and pakora
    Tomato and red pepper risotto packets