CAT or DOG

Options
laurielie
laurielie Posts: 133 Member
cat or dog.........which do you perfer and why?? We have 2 cats & 1 dog, but, cats are my all time favorite =O)

Replies

• katzrich
    katzrich Posts: 17
    Options
    We have two cats... Cats rule, dogs drool... literally.
  • cheryljg1
    Options
    I'm a vet med student so I obviously like both but I prefer dogs over cats. . .unless the cat acts like a dog!! We have 2 dogs and a cat and I can honestly say they all make me laugh!!
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    Definitely cats. While I love both, cats have "cattitude"--and it amuses me to no end. The versatility and diversity of cat personalities is endlessly entertaining to me. Currently, we have four of them, but we're between dogs.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 to be exact!

I do have one dog that acts like a cat! He's old and thinks he rules the world so, I guess technically you could call him a cat!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Cats

Dogs have masters, Cats have staff.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Dogs!! Because they are lovable and loyal and poop outside.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm a cat person, by nature. But I became allergic as an adult. I suffered with my allergies until my cats passed away. I was not about to give them up! I had eye drops and benadryl stashed in every room of the house.

My husband's a dog person, just wouldn't feel complete without one. So we have dogs. I'll always be a cat person, but dogs are a close second.
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My cat drools...and chews on shoes.

She's confused.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Love both and have had many of both over the years! Only have one beautiful rescued dog right now...... and she is the best dog I've ever had!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I love dogs. I like training them. I have a Border Collie and she is so smart. It is easier to travel with a dog.
  • smokesone
    smokesone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A dogs for life not just for Christmas! Dogs for me I have two labs!
  • sambustem
    Options
    DOGS!!!! We have 2 of each and I way prefer the dogs! :)
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Cats

Ain't that the truth.

We have three employers (cats) and the youngest thinks she has to come and get me every single time she's hungry, despite the fact that she can get to her food all on her own.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Cats

Aw damn, I was going to say that!

Four cats and if I didn't have a man I would be the 'crazy cat lady'. Love cats. Oh and there are two fixed strays outside that my neighbor and I take care of. My littlest is the daughter of the female. She gave birth under my house less than a month after we moved in and we developed a bond. And her daughter - my little Black Mamba - plays fetch. My dog wouldn't do that. She is so smart. And one of my oldest kitties sits up when I say "up" and gives a "high five" when I ask. And not for food, for a petting.

and my man was a cat hater until we found the first two on the side of the road. The little female wrapped him around her little paw and stole his heart.

I love that cats can take care of themselves, too
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Currently only have cats due to too many landlords not allowing dogs. But I love both cats and dogs (but only big dogs, not little yappers).
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    BIG DOGS for sure! We have one 130 lbs Great Dane. Cats just creep me out, but okay for others. :o)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Dogs - hence my profile pic of my baby!
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    I've got a drooling cat too! I won't break the news to him that he's not unique LOL
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    For a LONG time I would say DOG but then my beautiful dog of 13 years passed away. Couldn't find a dog that we could all agree upon so I got a cat. Best DOG since our Camry passed away, literally, he is 99% dog in a cats body. MEOW!
  • oceanbreeze1025
    oceanbreeze1025 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think of cats as unruly teenagers...they want to come and go as they please and never follow directions...no thanks :)

I love my dog and he is a great walking companion. Also, when I walk my dog (an english bulldog) people often stop to chat so it helps me meet people in the neighborhood as well (which I enjoy).

DOGS RULE :)