WADA List

Keto_Vampire
Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
https://worldnaturalbb.com/drug-testing-banned-substances/
*Some of these are quite hilarious...glycerol FFS

Poll/out of curiosity, how many among us would be unable to claim "natural" status based on the list of WADA substances? You can simply state, banned, not banned, or not sure (label reading ignorance & there are many questionable substance timeframes & conditions to meet as well as numerous names for 1 substance).

Since this is "mare-cuh", feel free to state what substance if you choose to do so & are comfortable speaking openly about or remain choose not to say...

<---Banned from OTC & Rx use (perfectly fine choosing to be "unnatural" with no illicit drug use)

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    I'm definitely interested to see what happens here. I just hope it doesn't get closed
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Hahaha ephedrine is considered non natural? Fantastic. I better tell my friend that's he's technically not natty any more. Awesome post
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    <-- Still natty
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Based on actual supplements I have taken I am natty. The items that are banned and are naturally occurring in our bodies or in regular foods we eat don't count and wouldn't make you fail a drug test. Things like glycerol are banned when used as a laxative, they do specifically state that small amounts are not banned.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    USAPL has a list for this as well....
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited May 2018
    I hadn’t been “natty” for years (ephedrine, DMAA, etc.) before even starting TRT this past February. Luckily for me, I don’t give a rat’s *kitten*, and cannot for the life of me fathom why anyone would. Most of those substances have such short half lives that you’d have to take it right before you lift in order to pop positive anyway.

I personally won’t ever compete in tested feds, just because them’s the rules. That said, the list is still a joke, and relies on so much bushido and/or stupidity, that it might as well not exist.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Geranium :D As in the pretty flowers?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited May 2018
    Geranium :D As in the pretty flowers?

DMAA is isolated from certain strains of geranium, so that’s why. It’s kind of like how eating a poppyseed muffin could make you pop positive for specific opioids.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Off topic, but the threshold required for opioid screens are high enough to avoid for such false positives from poppy seeds...
    Maybe a poppy seed eating challenge would be needed
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Seems pretty reasonable overall- Although what jumped out for me was "No smoking weed before taking the polygraph"
  • scooter5106
    scooter5106 Posts: 9 Member
    Can they ban the drugs if used for legit medical purposes? Seizures or blood pressure ?
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Can they ban the drugs if used for legit medical purposes? Seizures or blood pressure ?

The only mention of a therapeutic use exception I saw was for the use of diuretics for heart related complications. Any other use for anything - even if prescribed to correct a deficiency is prohibited. They also use the caveat "when used for bodybuilding purposes..." for prescription thyroid medication. I'm not sure what this means as I can't imagine getting a prescription unless medical necessity to correct a deficiency.

This list bans anybody who uses a ECA stack for cutting, is on TRT on several counts (the actual T, hCG, and in some cases the AI's). However, like mentioned above... most all the substances mentioned are undetectable even a few weeks after stopping use. There would be nothing stopping someone from running several cycles and then after a successful PCT being able to pass a blood or urine test... passing a polygraph though. I'm imagining a dark dank room and a beeping machine, one bright light and a burly jacked dude being grilled by a suspicious official. ;)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    jseams1234 wrote: »

The only mention of a therapeutic use exception I saw was for the use of diuretics for heart related complications. Any other use for anything - even if prescribed to correct a deficiency is prohibited. They also use the caveat "when used for bodybuilding purposes..." for prescription thyroid medication. I'm not sure what this means as I can't imagine getting a prescription unless medical necessity to correct a deficiency.

This list bans anybody who uses a ECA stack for cutting, is on TRT on several counts (the actual T, hCG, and in some cases the AI's). However, like mentioned above... most all the substances mentioned are undetectable even a few weeks after stopping use. There would be nothing stopping someone from running several cycles and then after a successful PCT being able to pass a blood or urine test... passing a polygraph though. I'm imagining a dark dank room and a beeping machine, one bright light and a burly jacked dude being grilled by a suspicious official. ;)

you can get TUE's for a fairly wide range of medications - but once you start the process for a TUE, if you are taking the drug, you can't compete in any events until the TUE is granted - or you may be disqualified/banned
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    <-- nope. bupropion hydrochloride (commonly prescribed anti-depressant/anti-anxiety drug)
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    nevermind (I think)... from updated version in .pdf:
    • Imidazole derivatives for topical/ophthalmic use and
    those stimulants included in the 2017 Monitoring
    Program*.
    * Bupropion, caffeine, nicotine, phenylephrine,
    phenylpropanolamine, pipradrol, and synephrine: These
    substances are included in the 2017 Monitoring Program, and
    are not considered Prohibited Substances.
  • Keto_Vampire
    edited May 2018
    Glucocorticoids (corticosteroids) - a catabolic class of drugs (dexamethasone, prednisone, methylprednisolone, Triamcinolone, budesonide, betamethasone, etc.) - banned

Hypoxia...(><)...choking yourself gives you an unfair advantage (sarcasm)

Oh, I guess drinking blood counts as blood doping/manipulation too
    Church goers: does that include metaphorical/symbolic blood of Christ? (I'm obviously destined to hell)
  • gcpower
    gcpower Posts: 17 Member
    edited May 2018
    Not too familiar with various bodybuilding federations' doping regulations, but I was required to do a short online course on clean sports prior to receiving my International Powerlifting Federation membership.

While most of the list is a no-brainer, it does go a bit broad with things like ephedrine. Ephedrine is only banned 'in competition' (12 hours prior and during competition), off season use is not prohibited, at least according to the WADA Prohibited drug and medication reference list, globaldro.com

That being said,
    <---- still "natty"
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited May 2018
    Glucocorticoids (corticosteroids) - a catabolic class of drugs (dexamethasone, prednisone, methylprednisolone, Triamcinolone, budesonide, betamethasone, etc.) - banned

Hypoxia...(><)...choking yourself gives you an unfair advantage (sarcasm)

Oh, I guess drinking blood counts as blood doping/manipulation too
    Church goers: does that include metaphorical/symbolic blood of Christ? (I'm obviously destined to hell)

wow I wonder how many body build that have asthma that either have to alter their dose or not take it? thats interesting to me I mean I dont want to be a body builder but just curious if you would be disqualified for this or not? I read the it lowers immune system and has no effect of muscle growth so wonder why its banned? found this link of some of the meds banned https://www.usada.org/substances/prohibited-list/athlete-guide-2018-prohibited-list/
  • Keto_Vampire
    edited May 2018
    Recovery reasons/joint inflammation - I believe Kurt schilling ran into some flack about having corticosteroid injections during World Series years ago...but yeah going into bodybuilding edema, Na+ retention, hypokalemia, elevated BG, other Cushing like symptoms, etc. are generally not desirable (although edema can be minimized using dexamethasone/other pure glucocorticoids with zero to little mineralocorticoid properties)
  • Keto_Vampire
    Interestingly, Topiramate (seizure med, also weight loss med) with carbonic anhydrous inhibitor as one of 4 parts of its mechanism of action ("dirty drug") - has diuretic properties - not banned