CAT or DOG

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Neither. Animals gross me out. Kind of like insects with some people but much larger!

I swear I have a heart, they just aren't for me!
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I used to have 2 Siamese cats. Previous to that years ago I had a black Labrador.

Both were great pets. If I was to choose now I would get another Labrador.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I've got a drooling cat too! I won't break the news to him that he's not unique LOL

OMG... Bilbo could put St. Bernards to shame with the amount of head shaking drool he produces.
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    I've got a drooling cat too! I won't break the news to him that he's not unique LOL

I've actually got 3, their personalities are great and they are spoiled rotten!....never been much of a dog person but if we were to have a dog, I want a big one.
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Cat for sure. I like dogs as much as kids, like when they belong to other people! LOL- I don't like to be *needed* and a dog needs you to feed it, walk it, pay lots of attention to it, etc. When a cat comes to you its because it *wants* to. =)
  • VELVET2688
    Options
    DOG's ...I'v had dogs all my life..cats have attitudes...dogs want to please you, and be with you all the time. My Min pin comes running to the door when I get home., with her little tail wagging. She is soooooooo happy to see us...
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I love both cats and dogs....one of my first pets was a cat - he was manx (no tail). He was AWESOME and partially feral - we lived out in the country. He was not afraid of dogs, snakes or anything. He was like a dog with cat "features". lol He would kill snakes, large black birds, rabbits, etc...he loved leaving "treats" for me....yea, yummy. lol

Now I have 3 dogs, a turtle and 2 birds....

Hell I love animals! My dogs help keep me motivated - they remind me when its walking time. :)
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    DOG's ...I'v had dogs all my life..cats have attitudes...dogs want to please you, and be with you all the time. My Min pin comes running to the door when I get home., with her little tail wagging. She is soooooooo happy to see us...

My cat greets me/us with a purr and a roll on the floor every day when we get home =)
  • katzrich
    katzrich Posts: 17
    Options
    My cat drools...and chews on shoes.

She's confused.

Thats too funny!
  • Magic_Girl
    Magic_Girl Posts: 158
    Options
    Dogs!!! I love my dog! He is a beagle and he is very fat.. I'm thinking of having him join MFP too! lol Anyways, he is my first and only dog, and he is so adorable with his big floppy ears! :D
  • rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Both, we have two dogs working on getting number three and one cat who puts the two 50 pound dogs in their place occassionally.
    Dogs come when they are called, cats say take a message i will get back to you later !

You know you are a dog lover when you have more than one, buy a vehicle to accomodate crates and don't apologize for the fur in the soup, but cringe if it is a human hair.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options

My cat greets me/us with a purr and a roll on the floor every day when we get home =)

Our Sophie (the tabby in my ticker) does that as well. She comes running to the front door when anyone visits as well. She LOVES all humans and simply tolerates our other two cats.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    DOGS.
    <<
    how could you not love that face?
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    We have 3 cats so Id say cats lol. We love dogs but are trying to find the right one with our 2 small kids and 3 cats.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    i have one of each, i have a cockerspaniel and she is the most layed back loyal dog ever but my cat, Fat Cakes is seriously crazy and super fun lol. He runs up to people sometimes hits them in the face with his paw and runs away and he sleeps with his entire head in my shoe.
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Dogs! they're wo-man's best friend. Loyal, playful and lovable.
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Good dog!

Basco811.jpg
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    DOGS! cats are such brats, the best cats act like dogs, you all know it is true!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Love 'em both. Had dogs growing up and never really cared for cats, until I got my first one. We now own 2 hilarious cats.: they are #'s 4 and 5 of a string of them that we have owned. They fit our lifestyle much better than dogs. We can go out after work and not worry about it. Or take off for a weekend w/no problems. A clean litter box , some extra water and food and we are good to go!! And getting someone to check in on them when we are gone for longer periods is a cinch too. They actually travel really well and we have taken them to our condo at the beach in the past. In fact, one of them is much more like a dog than a cat: they are both Maine Coon mixes.

But I wouldn't mind having another dog one day...just not in the cards right now.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    If I was rich I'd have 4 of each probably - I love both.

But I'm poorer than a church-mouse so I've got two kitties, Looby & Jasper (in my profile photos) both girls, sisters. They are my surrogate babies and bring me great joy.

I work about 10 hours a day so not really fair on a doggy to be alone for so long - the kitties seem to like sleeping all day and going bonkers when we get home from work! lol

They have such different personalities, they take after us humans, Looby has a challenge with her weight and loves her home comforts, and Jasper is lithe and very bendy and adventurous!

prrrrrrp